Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jamie
Beginner September 2018 Ontario

Old-school cool wedding

Jamie, on July 10, 2017 at 10:49 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

Looking for clever ideas for the ceremony, reception and invitations to create an "Old-School Cool" theme. We will be having the ceremony and reception at the same venue (hopefully Cambium Farms), half indoor and half outdoor since the wedding will be near the end of August or early September. Our colours will be mostly white, with drops of black, blue and purple. We're hoping for a laid-back and fresh look with a vintage feel. Thanks ahead of time for any ideas.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Jamie, on July 11, 2017 at 08:15
  • Jamie
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Everyone on this site is wonderful! Thank you so much for the help.

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jamie! Sounds so nice!! Here I send you some inspiration: Themed weddings - 90s themed weddings - 80's themed wedding - Wedding palette: Forest Theme Palette - What would your wedding theme be? Let me know. xx

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Glad I could help! Pinterest has millions of ideas for what your looking for. For invitations, you can go on pinterest!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check out this discussion by Simone of a Grease themed wedding. Lots of vintage vibes for inspiration!

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Gotcha! I think with that era a big thing is the music. I'll be walking down the aisle to something from motown - likely Heaven must have sent you by the Elgins and for the ceremony we're having 50s crooners/motown. After the ceremony we won't be too themey but I think it'll get everyone into the spirit.

• Jamie
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

To be honest, we don't have a super crisp idea of the theme; but our families are both from smaller farming towns with an emphasis of our childhoods being up north, in small cottages by a lake. Things that are simplistic and rustic like string lights and jars would be perfect. We would love to tie in things that are representative of the 50's (such as vinyl records, tube amp radios, classic cars) in a way that isn't going to take away from the country/up-north feeling. Your tips and ideas are very helpful. Thank you!

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you mean old school vintage like teacups and chalkboard or more retro like early 60s? We're kind of doing a mix. Our centrepieces will be vintage and modern books (my favourites), with a vintage milk bottle (rose and carnation), gold spraypainted hot wheels (my fiance is a car guy) with votive candles (mix of different glass votives) and a quote from one of the books. Our favours are going to be old school matchboxes (most of our parents generation gave out matchbooks at favours).

I think with this theme, it's a less is more situation. Since it's in a barn, I'd suggest some string lights, cake stands and jars for the desserts and lots of candles. Vistaprint and minted have a lot of great invitation ideas. I love having an incentive to learn calligraphy so I spent some time learning it. I have a post here and we worked with a local stamp collector to help get some stamps including some from WW2 era. Keep us posted on what you choose to do.

• Jamie
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much! These are all beautiful and exactly what I was searching for.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Here are some different things I found on pinterest.

seating chartseating chartrustic type wedding signs rustic type wedding signsvintage card holdervintage card holderlawn games for a laid back feel lawn games for a laid back feelwooden slab, vintage table number frame, mason jarwooden slab, vintage table number frame, mason jar

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics