Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Frequent user July 2021 Ontario

Officiant

Stephanie, on April 30, 2019 at 14:55 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 19
Just wondering how much I should be budgeting for the officiant for our ceremony.

19 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on May 21, 2019 at 15:16
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I looked into a lot of different officiants before deciding on ours, but the prices didn't really go beyond $500 or so.

• Melissa
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m in B.C., so it might be different in Alberta.
  • K
    Curious May 2020 Alberta
    Kendell ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What website did you use? The Alberta one? I have been looking for our wedding in banff and the prices are all very different?

Thanks!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depending on the area and city hall pricing, it all varies. Pricing can go up to $500 the max. Search around to compare pricing officiants in the city. I do find they service you at the location of your wedding as I did research the way and flat fee too.

• Allison
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At the bottom of our marriage license application, it said that the township had officiants from $250 that were legally allowed to do the ceremony. BUT I had already hired an officiant so many months prior for $350 so I was shooting myself in the foot for not saving that $$$. Another time we could have saved was at a bridal show, an officiant was offering $100 off her services bringing it down to $250. Just to give you an idea - although I think it can vary by region we are in Simcoe County.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would reach out to several companies and get quotes.. You can find one anywhere from $200 to $500. Some include a rehearsal and some do not and for the rehearsal you can be paying $150. We are paying I think about $400, no rehearsal but one meet prior to the day.

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you.

I will start looking there.

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The government website in BC ( https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/life-events/marriage/marriage-commissioners ).

I think if you just search "Marriage Commissioner (Province)" It should come up!

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What website is it?
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours is $215 including a travel fee. We didn't have many options and the closest one was an hour away from our venue. She charges a travel fee plus setup fee.

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went through the government website and our officiant is less than $175 including our rehearsal and travel. We were budgeting around $250 based on government pricing; however, private officiants in the area ranged anywhere from $700-$1500. Ours is letting us fully customize our ceremony, sending us sample ceremonies beforehand, and is willing to meet up to go over our ceremony and make suggestions before the wedding at no additional cost.

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was originally thinking $200, but I thought I'd ask.

I guess I was off base.

Thanx for everyone's input.

• Diana
    Newbie May 2019 Ontario
    Diana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It really depends also location etc, but what I have seen here in Ottawa $275 to $475 (Gatineau area). Just make sure they are actually licensed Smiley smile

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are budgeting $400-450 which seems to be the standard. I think it feels over priced for what they do, but that price just came up all over so must be what the standard is. I don't really know how much time outside of your ceremony, that they spend on your wedding so maybe its worth it.

• Neda
    Newbie July 2019 Ontario
    Neda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He charge us 700$ but he is really good and organized
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're getting a government officiant (they're actually offering a lot more tailored than we thought beforehand), including preparation and travel costs it'd be 125 dollars
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our officiant is charging us $250.00. I was shocked at the cost of this service, yes without one there is no wedding per say but still for 1/2 hr and the pre-work that they do to prepare is from a book with some changes, way over priced in my opinion.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think our officiant was $450 and then $125 if we wanted to do a rehearsal. Pretty much everywhere I looked was the same price, give or take 10 - 20 bucks.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When we were shopping around for officiants we were receiving estimates between $300-$450. I think it highly depends on the city and if you use an independent officiant vs a company one, for sure shop around a bit for them because you might be able to get a cheap one somewhere.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics