Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tinaka
Curious September 2021 Ontario

Officially postponed

Tinaka, on May 13, 2020 at 17:04 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
My fiancé and I have officially postponed our wedding due to Covid-19.

While yes the date was September 25th and im hopeful things will have calmed down by then, I just couldn't stumach the idea of canceling everything the month or weeks before if they're not.
Not only that, but theres a lot of things that I likely wont get to do prior to my wedding that I want to experience as a whole package (dress shopping in person with my bridesmaids for example or going in person to build a registry). Not to mention the practical things such as dress alterations that will be tought to get done right now. Or even the Stag and Doe we were planning on having, were relying on a lot of that mineu to help offset the cost.
Im a bit disappointed but ultimately I know its the right decision, besides getting married doesnt change a whole lot a about our relationship.

Has anyone else made the same decision? Or not? How has Covid-19 effected your wedding?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on May 18, 2020 at 13:46
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yay thats great you were able to postpone. im not sure what to do. i dont want to cancel our wedding. were scheduled for aug 8 so far.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your thoughtful about what is going on as others and how to make your guests feel secure for their travel plans next year. Its a hard decision as much it is to not have it this year and push the pre events too to get that full experience wanted for yourselves.

• S
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were supposed to be Sept 27th 2020, just got confirmation from our venue that we can move to Sept 26th 2021. We're relieved more than anything else; safety of our guests, ability to plan/enjoy events leading up to the big day, and more time to save.

My consolation prize is a very small civil ceremony this year; I got a cheaper white dress online for the occasion, and it will double as my late-night reception dress on the big day.
    We've been waiting a long time for this day, so the decision to postpone wasn't easy, but it makes the most sense to us. Weddings can be stressful enough as it is!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding was supposed to be August 8 and have postponed until August 7 2021. We have a lot of guests coming from all over the world and we would hate for them to miss the wedding because of travel concerns. It definitely sucks having to wait another year to get married considering my fiance and I have been waiting for 2 and a half years for our August 8th wedding. But we both agreed it would be for the best to wait until next year

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's definitely not an easy decision to make, but in the end it's safer and you can have all the experiences you want to.

We've postponed our reception, and plan to have a small or private ceremony in October. For our first anniversary we will have the reception with a vow renewal and some of the wedding traditions that we will miss out on otherwise. My girls and I have begun to plan a backup bachelorette weekend because travel into our neighbor province is extremely unlikely for the next few months, and my bridal shower isn't happening (but it was mostly to make mom happy anyway!).
  • Tinaka
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Tinaka ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Im so sorry. Reading how you're not having a good experience hurt. I can't imagine.

Im thankful I've had the time to think and make my decision and yeah its definitely a pain rebooking. We want September 25th 2021 but another couple have chosen that date so we're kinda second for it. After much back and fourth emailing with our venue, our other choices were the 11th or going with a friday (I mean we had a Friday date this year so not the end of the world).
    Thankfully all of our vendors so far have both the 24th and 25th open, just waiting to hear back from the photographers...but if they can't im kinda tempted to ask about their cancelation policy during these times and rebook someone else upposed to try and find a date that works.
  • Nicole
    Beginner May 2021 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I mean hasn’t been a great experience. Unsure how to edit my original post
  • Nicole
    Beginner May 2021 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding was to be May 23 - we were 2 months away!!!! We got a call in March to move the date from our hall. We had 24 hours to chose a new date before the lockdown. We acted quickly and chose Sept 2020 thinking the virus should be over soon. Now I am worrying about my sept date. It was a lot of work moving dates. I had to cancel my shower and bachelorette. I chose new dates to rebook if things are safe. My dress has been locked up and I need alterations and accessories. I would love to shop for shoes, jewelry and a veil and not buy online.

I am constantly on edge. I’m trying to reduce watching the news. Planning a wedding during covid is very stressful. It has been been a great experience being a bride during this time. Hang in there brides, it’s gotta get better!!!
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Tinaka! I’m so sorry you had to make this heartbreaking call Smiley sad. We also postponed from this August to next, for many of the reasons you’ve mentioned. I couldn’t deal with the uncertainty and I didn’t want to sacrifice any part of the lead up / overall wedding experience. I also didn’t want to make huge concessions (I.e. slash the guest list, deal with awkward physical distancing measures) given that this is an important milestone we are paying a lot of money to celebrate! I was sad at first, and then beyond relieved, and now I’m just excited for next year. It sounds like you’re already in a really good headspace about things too Smiley smile. Wishing you all the best!
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aawww I feel you girl. We postponed our aug.8th wedding to october of next year. it sucks but at the same time i agree with you.. there's a lot of things that get done the last 6 months to the point where trying to plan for the wedding got me anxious. at least this way you have more time to plan, more time to save, but also your guests will feel more comfortable coming to your wedding once Covid is at least 5-6 months behind us. Keeping my fingers crossed for you Smiley smile Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics