Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie October 2020 Michigan

October weddings

Misty, on May 13, 2020 at 15:16 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Hello ladies, my wedding is set for October 10th 2020 and I'm wondering who has had to reschedule their weddings due to this pandemic? I really don't want to reschedule but I know I may not have a choice.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Zara, on June 19, 2020 at 12:53
  • Zara
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Zara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had mine with 500 guests and we have made the decision to postpone to May 23, 2021 as I see no chance of mine happening given the circumstances.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hope you dont have to cancel!!

• J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Definitely stressful! So far I am holding up ok, I think I'm starting to feel slightly at ease with waiting another month or so before making a final decision. Take care of yourself! xo

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You do always have choices when it comes to postponing if needed to have your guests secured to have their travel plans open to not getting held back upon arrival. Your venue should be able to change your date given the option if that is what you decide upon as a hold if this year doesn't work out. Then only let your guests know by social media or email. The idea of safer than sorry is what we all want to focus on the times upon us.

• M
    Misty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is such a good idea, I love that!! I hope it all works out for you, Its been such a rough year already!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours is October 2 and we officially started postponing last week. My fiance's parents live in Wisconsin and I'm doubtful bthat they'll be able to enter the country or the province. If they can come we will keep things small, and if not it will just be our photographer and the legally necessary people with us.

Our hope is to elope on our date this year and we've pushed the reception to October 1, 2021 so that we can celebrate our first anniversary (with a midnight countdown) with our friends and family. We will do some of the traditional wedding elements that we will miss out on with the elopement.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

October 11th here! We are waiting until mid July (about 90 days out) before making a decision. Our venue has let us have a back up date for next year and has just asked that we make a decision by July 13th if we want to go ahead or move our deposit to next year.

So we are hoping to see some signs of a slow going in the right direction to have a fall wedding. Its tough, its tough to know how its all going to go down really. But if you have the time to wait it out, I would.

• Kim
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey! We have the same wedding date...also in Ontario! We're holding off until the end of this month to make the final decision. Later than that and we'll start losing money on some of the things we've booked.

Our worst-case scenario is we plan to elope. We want to begin the next step in our life together 😊 The reception would be on our first anniversary (assuming we can rebook for that date).
    It's a gut-wrenching decision to make. It's very important for us too have our families present, but we just don't know what will be allowed.
    Good luck with your decision!
  • M
    Misty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That makes me feel a lot better! I'm doing okay thanks for asking, its such a stressful time for sure. How are you hanging in there?
  • J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am an October bride too! I'm in Ontario. We are really hoping to keep our date and stay positive. It's really a personal choice how long you want to wit, I think we are waiting until at least June sometime to start worrying.... How are you doing?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics