Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samantha
Beginner October 2022 Ontario

October couples - behind in the planning process

Samantha, on July 4, 2022 at 14:09 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13

Does anyone else feel like they are extremely far behind in the planning process?? Even though iv been engaged since last August ... Where does the time go !

13 Comments

Latest activity by Tara, on September 17, 2022 at 08:48
  • Tara
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Tara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oct 8th wedding coming up! Excited
  • C
    Newbie March 2023 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh man! Lucky u in the right profession Smiley smile You can project manage your own wedding which is kind of also what a wedding planner would have charged you to do. Double win: you save money and you get to do it precisely how you want it
  • C
    Newbie March 2023 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww, sounds like a cute ceremony with close ones. I am sure it will be perfect. It will also be less hectic and you can enjoy more. Have you finalized the venue for the ceremony. For toddlers outfits, we found this really cute kids clothing store in www.tieandtiara.com. We got a cute white tux for the ring bearer and a very pretty flowergirl gown from there.
  • Kelly
    Newbie October 2022 Nova Scotia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have all the vendors lined up and I feel like I'm not actioning anything anymore (because, well, getting vendors was the easily actionable thing... waiting for RSVPs to compile the information needed for those vendors isn't as readily actionable). I'm getting married at the end of October and gave everyone until October 1st to RSVP but I'm regretting how rushed that's going to make me that final month.
    I've designed a bunch of stuff for the reception and having trouble making anything. I guess I feel both that I'm falling behind and that I can't action anything.

My suggestion is to constantly make lists. When I get overwhelmed by what I'm not doing, I make a list of everything I can think of that I need to do and then go over that list and see if there's anything I can do. Today I've created the basic catering document so that when the RSVPs are ready all I have to do is fill in the blanks. I can't do the whole thing yet, but it helps me to do little bits so there'll be ever so slightly less to do. Tuesday I designed table numbers, it'll probably take me a few weeks to laser cut them but I made progress.

• D
    Featured September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of our essentials are taken care of - venue, dress, tuxedo, wedding party dresses/suits, flowers, music, officiant, catering, cupcakes (in place of wedding cake). Still to go are invitations (being made by my fiancee this weekend - she's into scrapbooking so she has the materials & equipment to make them) and favors (we are making our own in the form of a cookbook with our favorite recipes).

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m also getting married in October (1st), but I’m feeling pretty good about things. We were engaged in January and I had most things locked in my March. I’m a project manager by day though so I just treated this like another project 😂
    The only things left to do are pickup the license in August and do my hair/makeup trials which are also booked for August. RSVPs are coming in now so once those are final by the end of august I’ll finish up the seating chart and wedding favours/place cards

What are you feeling behind on?
  • M
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m feeling really good I have my place, people rsvps, ordering the license next month, dress done and altered, suites and bridesmaid dresses done. Just need to book a place for hair and makeup. I also think it’s helps when my sister is a professional wedding planner. Wishing everyone all the luck for your wonderful days.
  • Karolina
    Karolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's tiny. 10 adults (incl bride and groom) and 2 toddlers. We want a nice ceremony space and then we'll do the restaurant thing after. We may do a reception later on in our lives but my mom is not doing well and I want her at the actual ceremony Smiley smile
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Is it a big wedding? Finding a venue for more than 50 people in less than 4 months could be difficult depending on what you want.

A ceremony space may be easier than a reception space.
  • Karolina
    Karolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    2022. I have my fiance, a dress and a wedding list of confirmed attendees...
    Not sure where I'm getting married yet Smiley laugh
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Getting Married in 2023 and I thought I was eager by having everything planned already, but things are now coming up fast. I feel like I am missing so much.

• Kelsey
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    2022 or 2023? What do you have left to do?
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What do you have that's outstanding?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics