Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissa
Beginner October 2020 Greater London

October 2020 brides

Melissa, on May 11, 2020 at 10:03 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 22
Hi all,

I am due to get married October 24th 2020 and already considering postponing to next year.. Are any other Autumn brides doing the same?
Luckily we have a venue who are flexible if we choose to postpone to next year.. We are deciding to hold out to June/July to make decision. My concerns are folllowing:
I have family due to fly in from Germany to UK and will be a shame if none of them are able to fly over.
If elderly people are still told to self isolate then I will be sad those guests cannot attend
Run up to wedding is hen do/stag do likely to go ahead and will bridal shop be open, can I get my dress sorted in time..
If choosing to postpone next year we are a bit torn with whether to book Autumn 2021 as more likely Covid will have calmed by down then but that is also long time away so we are also considering postponing to Spring time which would be not too far away. Just wondered others thoughts on what might be a safer bet?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on May 27, 2020 at 10:26
  • Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel the same way.. A bit of stress worrying has been lifted off my shoulders and can hopefully enjoy the months prior to wedding more next year!
  • Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were set to get married late September 2020. We have postponed to October 2021 as we found it to be way too stressful not knowing. We also talked with vendors and they strongly believe large groups still will not be permitted by this fall. It was a hard decision, but the best one for us as we want all elderly family/friends as well as people from out of province/country to attend. It took off a lot of stress once we postponed!!
  • Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have decided after further thought to postpone wedding till 25th September. 2021. I was just feeling to anxious about how the next few months will go and feel more relaxed now. Also more practical for guests we have invited from abroad that will need to book hotel and flights.. We are planning to move forward with plans to buy house hopefully early next year so that should keep us busy and time will hopefully fly by..
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It all depends on what you guys want. im sure by spring everything will be back to normal and we will have a vaccine. so just depends on what date you guys want.

• Marina
    Beginner October 2021 British Columbia
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    October 31st and we are waiting until July to see how things are looking. So far we are allowed at least 50 people in a gathering so I’m hoping that it will increase to at least 100 by that time.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Let's keep up the hope and positive vibes!

• Cheryl
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding date is Oct 2, 2020 and were trying to hold out until July to make the final call. Our first date was April 4, 2020- then we were able to movie it to Oct 2 (hoping all would be well by then). Time till tell, trying not to worry about it until July.
  • J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am an October bride holding out too!

• E
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Erika ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Originally 6/6/20 and postponed to our 7 year anniversary 10/17/20. Unfortunately we are 90% positive we will postpone to 6/26/21. We do not want the virus to take anything away from the day we dreamed of. My concern is also that other wedding events (shower, bachelor/ette parties, and stag & doe) will all not happen prior to October. Those events are part of the excitement of getting married. Everyone else gets to have their day under the sun, and i want mine to be about me and my FH, not worrying about the virus.

• Chi-Chi
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Chi-Chi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our original date is October 3 but we decided to move it to April 24. I had my heart set on a lovely Fall wedding but moving it was the best choice for us and our guests. Luckily our theme works well for any season and now it’s just more time to make things even better!
  • Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hope so ideally we are still hoping to get married this year so don't want rush a decision.. Will check with venue if they can maybe hold a date but not ready to decide yet..
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

October bride still holding out hope here!

Our venue told us to wait until middle of July to make a postponement decision, that is the trend they are seeing with their fall weddings.

Nearly everyone I talk to about our wedding from family (who are biased obviously) to my medical professionals to random strangers at the post office, keep telling us to wait because they think its going to be ok by the fall. But who knows!

Even postponing to next year is a huge gamble, there is really no set time when things will be ok. So its a tough call to make all around. I would wait it out as long as you can, unless moving it to next year does not bother you at all.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Venue is very optimistic that they will be in full force come October, but they are putting a contingency plan in place, in the event that is NOT the case. He will be sending me and his other weddings the plan in the next coming weeks.
    I am holding onto my October date until September which at that point I will make a final decision. I have created a Facebook group with most of my guests have joined to keep everyone informed of any date changes or any special requirements for the day of.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Postponing your wedding date to next year as a secured choice should be clear and guests from out of town to travel freely without limitation. The original date for this year can be proceeded as planned with immediate family present.

You can follow through with a renewal then a reception with all the guests present or an anniversary party. Your dress can be worn twice for pictures and still give that special moment.

• Kevin
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Kevin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were October 24th also. We moved it till April 3rd 2021. Way less stress to think about. Even if some restrictions are lifted, I do not want to be responsible for anyone being sick!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is October 2 and we've decided to elope and postpone our reception. My fiance has family that live outside the province and country so based on what our premier has said I don't think they'll be allowed to enter New Brunswick.

We decided to elope on our date and celebrate with people on our first anniversary. So far our venue and photographer have been no problem!
  • Karley
    Curious September 2020 Nova Scotia
    Karley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is scheduled for the beginning of September this year, and I think we will be making the decision pretty soon. I'm leaning towards having a ceremony this year with the bridal party and close family in attendance (should restrictions allow), with everyone else streaming virtually.

If we do a big reception at a later date, I will definitely be waiting until next fall. For you, if you want to go big I think the further off the better - it would suck to have to postpone twice!

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am thinking of asking our venue too if they can hold a date next year. I think waiting to June/July to make decision sounds good. Who knows there might suddenly be better treatment for Covid as they are doing drug trials.. We shall see. If not enough improvement we will just have to postpone our dream weddings for next year..
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding date is Oct 3, 2020 and my FH and I are waiting until mid June to make the decision on whether to postpone or not. We have already contacted our venue and vendor asking them to put a soft hold on a back up date in September 2021. Thankfully they were all accommodating so once we make our decision we just have to email them letting them know what we have decided. This has really helped with the stress and anxiety! So I definitely recommend asking your vendor/venue to put a soft hold on a back up date.

This has been such a roller coaster of emotions. Some days I just want to pull the trigger and postpone and other days i'm hopefully for this year but I know if we do move forward with this year there will be so much to do in a small window of time that I keep thinking is it worth it.

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    October is still lovely. I had already been thinking of Autumn wedding so September/October next year would still keep that theme 👍
  • V
    Frequent user September 2021 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally would move it to Summer or Fall 2021. Spring is too risky I think... we were June 2020 and moved to September 18, 2021. Just to be on the safe side we pushed it that far out.
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey. So we were Aug.8th if this year and made the decision to postpone to Oct.9th of next year. I also worried about my guests so figured I’d rather be safe than sorry. Unfortunately I had to give up summer since summer was all booked up but Oct. is just as nice Smiley smile. Good luck Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics