Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jory
Newbie June 2022 British Columbia

nye Wedding?

Jory, on June 13, 2021 at 03:28 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13
I'm considering a New Year Eve wedding... but have some hesitations. Curious to hear the community's thoughts on these things:

1) Is it a bad anniversary date?
2) Do you think people will be extra excited to come for the big party or inclined to stay home?
3) What do you think the COVID situation will be then?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Jasmine, on June 17, 2021 at 00:54
  • Jasmine
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think having all new year also be your special day is really nice

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The date itself seems right to have a special occasion to celebrate along with the new year to start with everyone surrounding being family and friends. Once in a lifetime memory and anniversaries to celebrate.
  • Sarah
    Newbie December 2021 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am having a NYE wedding this coming up new years! So far everyone has been so excited! It not only gives people an excuse to get out on nye it also makes for a very fun and cute anniversary, for trips its easy to plan anniversary trips in the beginning of January. You have lots of options for the reception! We are doing black tie attire and making it very formal! I say go for it!
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re so welcome! 🙂 Ahhhh okay.
    I genuinely believe that it’s an amazing idea and great time to have that celebration and anniversary and on NYE day! This sounds amazing.

Keep us posted if you choose to do it on NYE or if you changed plans.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would totally be down to going to a new years eve wedding!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hate going out for nye but I would totally be into a wedding on nye. I figure any date that is winter can be an excuse for an anniversary trip. The only reason we didn't do nye is because FH is in a service industry and I'm in Healthcare there is no way any of our people would be able to get that date off. Or at least not enough of them.....
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You could always do your anniversary trips in January or February. I don’t think it necessarily needs to be on the exact date itself. Jan and Feb are pretty boring months imo and the weather’s bad so I would rather go on a trip then anyway than in the summer when it’s nice here!
  • Jory
    Newbie June 2022 British Columbia
    Jory ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much - and to everyone who has responded! My main hesitation is the anniversary... I really like the idea of celebrating an anniversary (we like to go big on holidays). With New Years, we'll either be exhausted from Christmas, or with family and friends and eventually children (Lord willing) who want to spend time with us... I think that summer anniversaries are great because they are far from other holidays and easy to go away for, but a summer wedding just does not seem feasible for us... this year would be too quick to plan with the COVID regulations, next summer would be too long. So the anniversary part is the only NYE part that I can't come to terms with and am looking for a new perspective on!
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would be all over attending a NYE wedding!Finding themed decor would be outrageously easy for a photo booth or even just for decor around the venue.Guaranteed to be a successful party with a packed dance floor in my option.

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I seriously considered a NYE wedding but ended up going with another date because my husband wasn't as into the idea. But I would be all for attending one! I think it's the perfect event for NYE and takes the pressure off having to find something else to do.

I think as long as the delta variant (or another variant) doesn't take hold we will be mostly back to normal by December - especially in BC where we have really high vaccine uptake and lower and lower cases every day. I honestly think even by step 3 weddings will be more or less back to normal apart from having to have a safety plan in place.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding was originally NYE this past year and everyone was so excited!!! Guaranteed good time! We had to postpone due to lockdown in Ontario but we still got married... We think it's a great anniversary date (my husband will never forget it) but we know we may not celebrate it on our own on the date as we've always liked hosting NYE parties - we'd love to celebrate it with friends every year and on a different day just us (or not at all haha doesn't bother us).
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh NYE Wedding eh, sounds pretty cool.
    I believe people will be excited to attend a wedding on NYE. Why not… already have their coming into a new year plan. Bad anniversary date? Personally, it’s perfect to have that date as no one will forget 😂😂 and it’s always an additional celebration when NYE comes.

In regards to the COVID situation at that time, that’s a bit of a challenge to say. We would definitely love for COVID to be over so that we can enjoy our lives. How many guests are you planning to have?
    What are your thoughts about it? Why the hesitations?
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would totally attend a NYE wedding in a heartbeat. So much easier to have a plan in place than to search for a NYE party. And for home bodies, a NYE party is perfect since it's with as group of people you know and not a typical club/bar night where strangers surround you getting trashed.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics