Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Olivia
Frequent user October 2021 Ontario

Number of photographers/videographers?

Olivia, on May 20, 2020 at 09:35 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16
Hey everyone,

My fiancé and I are trying to decide on our photo/video package. I personally think the bigger package that gives us 2 photographers and 2 videographers is well worth the extra bit of money. He thinks 1 of each should be good enough. What’s everyone’s thoughts on this? The price difference isn’t significant that’s why I’m struggling to settle for less. I just really think if we each had our own photographer and videographer with us for the morning it would be so much smoother and we’d capture so much more! Thoughts??

16 Comments

Latest activity by Viktoria, on May 24, 2020 at 22:42
  • Viktoria
    Newbie December 2021 Ontario
    Viktoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided to just have 2 photographers. That way they can capture from different sides and not miss a shot! Smiley smile
  • Olivia
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Agreed! We decided on 2 of each Smiley smile
  • Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I decided on 2 photographers. One of the big things is our photographer noted she may miss moments, as she is trying to capture EVERYTHING. I.e. bride walking down the aisle, with 2 photographers they can get bride and grooms reactions at the same time, instead of going back and forth. I also want photos of us both getting ready. I feel like having 2 is worth it!

• Olivia
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the input everyone!! We went with the bigger package Smiley smile
  • Eden
    Frequent user August 2021 British Columbia
    Eden ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I guess it depends how large your wedding is but if the price difference is not very much then it's probably worth it to go with the extras. Remember that at the end of the day, the photography and videos are how you will remember your wedding forever. Having one extra photographer and videographer will definitely capture extra moments that you won't have otherwise.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can also just hire the 2nd shooter for a partial day to save costs. That way, once the ceremony is done, the 2nd shooter is relieved of their duties. Four people working around you when you're together at the reception is a bit overkill. I speak as someone who has shot weddings and events.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went with 2 and 2. that way they can capture other things or guests reactions to things going on etc. and especially for photos since we are both getting ready in different places

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree- especially if it’s not a big price difference. We’re doing the same thing because the more the merrier lol. Plus you get shots through different eyes and you guys won’t have to worry about the photographer/ videographer as they’ll be with each of you through the whole time so you get a lot more then what one photographer would get if they were split between the two.
  • Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are not doing a videographer for our wedding. Our photographer has a second shooter that is included in his packages (We wanted 2 photographers so we both had one in the getting ready stages) Also having those different angles at the alter is nice!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I don't have a videography but we do have 2 photographers. We both want to captures the moments of both of us getting ready in the morning. Plus our wedding package for our photographer has 2 in the package which is a bonus!

In the end it's your big day and your budget and what makes you more comfortable!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If the price difference isn't that big - I would for sure go with 2 of each! We had only one of each and the photographer had to run to and from the girls grwm and the boys grwm shoots and according to my DH, she missed out on some pretty great laughs Smiley tongue

• Kaitlyn
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went with two photographers and one videographer. We really want some great shots of us getting ready with our wedding party. We are not doing a first look, so having two photographers was really important for us for before the ceremony. I researched a lot of videographers and ours works alone yet his videos are exactly what I was looking for.

• Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I talked about this as well and I absolutely certain about having 2 photographers and 2 videographers. We ended up going with 2 photographers and 1 videographer. Capturing all these moments is very important to me but my fiance is kinda camera shy so to him, having that extra person in the morning wouldn't be worth the money as he didn't want the camera on him at all times. Plus, we are now getting ready at the same place (different areas) but it will be much easier for the 1 videographer now.

If you both are comfortable on camera and want to capture all those moments, I would definitely go for the full package! You're only going to do this once and even though it's more money, perhaps you can scale back on another vendor.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If capturing the moments of you getting ready is important to you I would get the two professionals. Unless you have hotel rooms/ getting ready areas that are close together your photographer could be running around a lot trying to capture everything and you might end up with more staged photos vs candid action shots.

Personally we aren't using videography, so I can't argue the pros or cons there. But again if capturing everything from all the angles is important to for it! My one con would be with 4 people running around are they going to be in each other's shots?
    Is there something you can trim from the budget to ease the cost for your FH? Maybe then it won't seem like an added cost, but an instead of?
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The price difference for 2 people isn't much and you are happy with the decision, go ahead and book them. Its all about how you see the day going and what you want to cover for the most part of the getting ready/ceremony. Budget is what we see affordable spending for what every couple has to consider. Ultimately, the decision is up to you end of the day.

• Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Two of each is nice so they can capture moments for both of you in the morning when you are getting ready with bridesmaids / groomsmen (assuming you’ll be getting ready at separate locations).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics