Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rekramer
Expert November 2018 Ontario

Now for everyone else

Rekramer, on August 31, 2017 at 14:51 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 12

With my dress selected, we're moving on to the next stages of planning. That means: save the dates, basic website completion, attending a wedding show, and choosing the groom's outfit. We have decided to go with a custom suit (we're lawyer, he might as well have another one). Anyone have any experiences in/around the Waterloo/Toronto areas with custom suit places? Looking to spend under $2,000 for a quality 3-piece.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vanessa, on September 3, 2017 at 21:42
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Https://ephapparel.com/Home/TravelingStylist

Have you looked into eph apparel ? They customize and are really reasonable. They have some really neat patterns and have travelling stylists. I have included a link for you. My fiancé is considering getting a suit done too and for the fact he is 6'6 and they are not going to charge extra its a blessing in disguise.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting ours made at Moore's and they are giving us a discount because of attending a wedding show. Maybe ask at a Moores near you if they do the same thing? Helps keep the cost down!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These are the guys: http://www.excelsuits.com/

If you contact them they should confirm when they are in the area and let you set up an appointment.

• Rekramer
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh, yes please. That sounds very interesting.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance went to Thailand a few years ago and found a tailor there. The guy comes to Toronto twice a year - he'll next be here in November and does BEAUTIFUL work.

Actually the moment I saw my fiance for the first time, I thought 'wow - that man is beautiful' and he was wearing one of those tailor made suits.. which he'll be wearing for our wedding!

If you're interested I can get the info. The guy makes a suit for you in a variety of options for around 600 and usually throws in a shirt too.

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Caruso Fine Tailoring is in Toronto, Danforth and Donlands, and it is where my fiance purchased his bespoke suit. His suit is only 2 piece, but they do 3 piece suits as well. For his 2 piece custom, it cost around $1500, and it is completely custom. They made it from scratch from a bolt of fabric, as I know some "custom" suit tailors have been known to not do it completely from scratch. FH loves it and got to choose everything from the fabric, the jacket lining, the cut/shape of the lapel, to having no buttons and no belt loops, etc. Carusos are a family business and we have had an exceptional experience with them, the groomsmen also purchased their suits off the rack from Caruso's.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hmm interesting. I have found their suits to be really high quality and would look great in the workplace. Good luck though in your search!

• Rekramer
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've checked them out. They don't have as much customization options as I want and I'm told their quality isn't what my FH would need for work wear.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You should try Indochino. My FH got a great 3 piece suit for under $700.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There is a private owned Tailor in Burlington simply called Burlington Tailors. They custom make suits! Excellent quality. We are going to check them out!
  • Rekramer
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I thought they'd be closer to $5,000 which is why I wasn't looking at them. A regular suit for Evan costs around $1,000 so I figure its ok.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you have that kind of budget, My cousin swears by the tailors at Harry Rosen in Yorkville. He won't go anywhere else!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics