Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie November 2021 Ontario

November Weddings

Suzanna, on May 13, 2020 at 16:55 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13

Hi All,

Wondering what the November or Fall brides are doing? We've connected with our Venue and it looks like they aren't making any accommodations at this stage. If we consider postponing at this stage, we forfeit our deposit and they consider it a cancellation.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on May 18, 2020 at 13:47
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

By november i feel like it will be back to normalish.

• Cassandra
    Beginner October 2022 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel the exact same way girl.

Everything is done - minus the suits, shoes and accessories.
    Its beyond nerve wracking and very stressful. I also hope that they'll allow gatherings of 80 people. Fingers crossed for all of us 🙏🏼
  • Katie
    Newbie November 2020 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am in the same boat as a few of you. My date is November 20th and my venue isn’t dealing with weddings/events that far up at the moment. They too said to plan and see what happens a couple months or month before. It’s so nerve racking because half my planning is done but the rest is shoes, accessories, the tux fittings for the guys and all the little stuff that makes the wedding a wedding. I don’t want to buy things and not end up using them at the same time of paying for my wedding (90 days and 14 days before payment) I’m seriously hoping for a gathering of at least 80 people because my venue is too beautiful to pass up plus I want to stick with my date. I hope I’m not the only one frustrated in this area for weddings later on this year.
  • Cassandra
    Beginner October 2022 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi There,

We are scheduled for November 7th 2020.
    We are currently continuing to plan and our wedding planner has advised us to do the same. We feel its too early to make any decisions with respect to posting. We have discussed lowering our guest count if need be.
    I did however make some revisions to our wedding invitations to add in a blurb to let our guests know we are monitoring the situation.
    I am keeping our fingers crossed. November Weddings 1

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I do hope you have your day happen still given the circumstances of the situation. Your venue asking to pay for the next year postponement over losing the amount given for cancellation seems wrong. They should be able to accommodate you to change the date without penalty as you are still far away from the date. I wish you luck and the best. It would be a great loss to lose all the deposit lost on the venue and have to rethink to go with another venue over this matter.

• Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're welcome!

• S
    Suzanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much! I think I found the right group online Smiley smile

• Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So i'm not sure where you are in Ontario but on facebook, there is a GTA brides group with a discussion going on right now about the Guild Inn - GTA Wedding Inc - Covid Wedding Chat ... not sure if this would be helpful for you.

• S
    Suzanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the advice. I might reach out to the venue and ask when November weddings will be considered. Thanks!.

• S
    Suzanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for sharing. We went with the Guild Inn. I'm hoping everything works out for November but if not hoping to postpone without a penalty. Thanks again!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding was scheduled for October 2 and we've just started postponing last week. We're hoping to elope on our date and celebrate on our anniversary in 2021 with our reception and vow renewal.

We've been lucky so far that our photographer and venue have been really accommodating and available. I still need to get a hold of the bakery and florist, but those are a bit more replaceable so I'm not worried.
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So we are December and our venue is only re-booking 2 months at a time (as of right now) so we won't be able to do anything until Sept/Oct. This is a very busy time for all vendors i'm sure so perhaps when things start slowing down like end of summer, they might get back to me sooner. I'm sure if we asked to move now, we would be asked to pay a fee so we are definitely stuck right now.

It's interesting that you couldn't just pay a fee to move it and not officially "cancel". Which venue are you with, if you don't mind me asking?

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue recommended waiting until 90 days before our date, which is when our next deposit is due and all funds become non refundable. They have said all but 1 of their fall weddings is waiting as we are. They have put a back update for next year on hold for us and we can just move our deposit so that date if needed, but they do want us to have decided by July 13th what we are doing.

I think most venues are still focused on summer and we are all just hoping for a brighter fall, 4 months feels so long from now! Even if its a small hope its still a hope.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics