Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cockerton
Curious October 2022 Ontario

November Wedding - Send Invitations?

Cockerton, on May 12, 2020 at 13:23 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
With Covid encroaching on our plans, is anyone else with a November 2020 wedding thinking of when to send out invitations?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Alexandra, on May 20, 2020 at 08:58
  • Alexandra
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No they did not require an extra deposit due to the current circumstances. Everyone was really great!
  • Zara
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Zara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same date! We have around 400 guests too and I do not know what to do. Did they request extra deposit to hold a second date? I do not know how ot move forward with it.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would wait and send them out in august to send them out youll have a better idea. you can always send them out now as well and just keep your website updated closer to the date

• Alexandra
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is October 3, 2020 and we chose not to send anything out and didn't order invitations. Guys don't have suits yet and 2 bridesmaids are still without their dresses, due to delays from COVID...We put a soft hold on October 2, 2021 with all of our vendors and have notified all guests. We have a large wedding, approximately 380 people and I don't think restrictions will be lifted at that point for large gatherings. I want all of our guests to feel comfortable and people keep talking about this second wave in the fall. Who knows what's going to happen.

• Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We postponed to Nov and will be waiting to send invites sometime in Sept but likely making the decision before then to postpone again.
  • Paige
    Curious October 2020 Saskatchewan
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is October 3rd and I just sent out invites out. Our guests know that this is best case scenario and we will get in touch with them if plans have to change!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you wait until late August/September you'll have a better idea of what the restrictions might be. You'll have a shorter RSVP window, but knowing a bit more about what's going on will end up saving you time incase you invite more people than can be there.
  • Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So we are in December but we are going to wait until around end of September/beginning of October .. initially we wanted to send our save the dates in April and invitations in August but with everything going on, we are pushing things back a bit more.

It's best to wait a little longer with everything going on, things change so quickly and everyone is super aware of what's happening so it shouldn't be an issue waiting a bit longer. Best to not get them printed or ordered until you're absolutely sure Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can wait until August or September to send the invites to be on the safe side. Calling the venue by end of June to find they won't open then, postpone if you feel its the choice to make.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say you'd be ok to send them out in September. All of the articles I've read had said about 2 months before the wedding to send out invitations. But of course, continue to watch what is having with this pandemic. Things could change again in the next couple of months.

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d say you’re safe to wait until September to send out your invites that way you can monitor the situation till then.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics