Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Beginner November 2019 Ontario

November wedding - help!!!

Amanda, on June 18, 2018 at 23:38 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
Hey!! Anyone have any advice on a November wedding? It would be Nov 16th in Vaughn,
ON. I’m worried a bit about the weather as well as the flowers in season etc... anyone have any advice on weddings they have been too in Nov or if you have had one or are planning one!?
thanks!!! Smiley smile

5 Comments

Latest activity by Corinne, on June 23, 2018 at 19:55
  • Corinne
    Beginner November 2019 Ontario
    Corinne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey!
    My wedding is happening on November 16th 2019 as well in London though!! So exciting! Congratulations!
    I know that for me we have a large group travelling from montreal and Brampton area and im going to make sure that on the invitations it specifies that they should be checking for weather conditions in terms of travelling. I’m also going to book hotel blocks starting a few nights before the wedding in case anyone wants to travel before hand to avoid issues. I’m also planning to send out a final reminder via email in case there are chances of bad weather.
    Im also planning to host a later ceremony so that people can have a good chunk of the day to travel.
    I’ll probably do the majority of the pictures inside with a few quick shots outside. Our venue is great because it hasn’t beautiful indoor shots as well.
    I hope this helps!

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé and I originally planned to wed in November as it's off-season and many venues offer great pricing, among other things such as the romantic feel of the season!

Floral-wise, it really depends on the colour and type of flowers you prefer, but there are many great options if you keep an open mind about it!

Venue-wise, if you're worried about weather, definitely have an indoor ceremony (though that's kind of a given anyway). Is your venue close for many of your guests and/or are there accommodations nearby? That will be important in the event that there is a snowstorm (as is accessible parking on or near your venue too!)

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My best friend got married in late November in Toronto 3 years ago. It was chilly at times but manageable. The bridesmaids wore snatching scarves and she wore a fake fur with her dress.

It takes a quick google search to find out what’s in season and I’m sure youl’ll have plenty of options. Both the ceremony and reception venues were really warm.

it was a lovely late fall event and was very sunny the day of.

Maybe even consider a Hygge themed wedding to highlight embracing the comforts and cozy aspects of life.

(On a side note - I went to a wedding in February and it was brutally cold...so imho November’s much better)

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When I lived in saskatoon I'd always thought of a November wedding since I might as well plan for snow any time of year there Haha. You can find a surprisingly large number of flowers nowadays all year round, but I always lived the idea of Rose's coloured to match my theme and lots of greenery! Rose's in a winter wedding are amazingly beautiful!

As for weather:embrace it! Search snow or rain or fog wedding photos and see some of the incredible wedding photos that good photographers come upwith in less than ideal conditions. You'll be amazed at what you find!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m planning my November wedding for 2019! I’m not super worried about the weather, it’s Vancouver I’ve accepted that it’s going to rain, and I take pleasure in telling everyone it’s actually good luck when it rains on your wedding day! I’ll be buying some clear umbrellas for when the bridal party and us are outside just so no outfits get ruined, and the venue has coat racks where they can store people’s jackets. If it snows, the plow comes up the road to our venue first as it’s an emergency route and we don’t get married until 3 anyway. Plus pictures will be gorgeous.

In regards to flowers, I would talk to a florist but if you pick a colour they’ll be able to find you something! Just be wary costs go up if they’re out of season so I would ask about that.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics