Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner June 2021 Ontario

November 7 Wedding Invitations

Holly, on July 19, 2020 at 21:59 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
Hello!
We are still hanging on to our wedding Set for November 7 (we also have a plan b date June 18 as a worst case scenario but we had already booked vendors and everything prior to covid hitting so we are cautiously optimistic!) But I don’t know what to do about invitations. We are to a point now where we gotta order soon so would you do it soon? Or wait longer? I know online is an option but I honestly do really want to send out invitations.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Holly, on July 20, 2020 at 21:41
  • H
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    These are all such great options, thank you 😆
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your date for November doesn't change by September time, it would be a good time to order the invites than to reorder new ones if the company isn't going to refund the money back or reprint for free. This way it saves on the date to allow guests for RSVP back to you and sending out date change notices.

• Kim
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Holly!

We're getting married on October 10th and I literally just ordered our invitations from Vistaprint this morning (big sale this week 🙂). They should arrive July 28th so that gives us lots of time to mail them and get the RSVP cards back. I think you can still wait if you need to....the turnaround for online seems pretty quick.
    It's a tough position to be in, trying to plan a wedding this year! We're trying to keep all the elements that we originally wanted to make it a normal and fun affair! It might all have to get done last minute, but so be it!
    Good luck with your wedding!
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey! I totally understand your preference for physical invitations. It’s so much fun assembling them and definitely makes things feel “real”. I agree it would be wise to send them out soonish as you’re now past the four month mark. In terms of any possible hiccups/changes down the road, have you thought about a wedding website? You could mail your invites now, include the website URL with the invitation, and tell guests to watch that space for any Covid-related updates. You could also have guests RSVP on the website and collect their email addresses through that process so you’ll have everybody’s contact info on hand if necessary. Good luck!
  • H
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s a more formal wedding, that is a great idea!
  • Emilie
    Curious August 2020 Alberta
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Holly,
    Are you holding a more formal or informal styled event?

If it is formal just add a card in the envelope saying which date you will give them the when and how you will announce if there is any change of plans. You can ask for emails or phone number on you RSVP cards to make sure you have a formal way to communicate with them.
    I'm holding an informal event so all I did was send Save the Date cards and said that everything would be communicated by email including invitations and confirmation of the date.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics