Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samtam
VIP November 2016 British Columbia

November 2016 weddings

Samtam, on October 31, 2016 at 16:09 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8

Hello All! I am new to Wedding Wire Canada so I wanted to see if there are any other November 2016 brides/grooms out there! We are getting married on November 12 so it is almost here! When is your wedding date? How are you doing with the preparations? Are you nervous or excited? Looking forward to meeting some new people and hearing about your weddings!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Emilie, on November 2, 2016 at 05:56
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love it Sam!! Smiley heart I think the love story book with their table numbers is an amazing idea!

You could even have the picture as table numbers like in this discussion:

7 objects to write your table numbers

I think you would also like these ideas for your chalkboard Smiley smile

Share your love story

Share your Love Story with a Scrapbook

I really like the "walk our fairytale" idea! Will you make the chalkboard yourself or buy one? Smiley smile

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you Emilie! Our wedding is going to be at Granville Island in Vancouver. We're doing the ceremony at the Granville Island Hotel and then the reception is at a restaurant also at Granville Island. We're doing a photo scavenger hunt after the ceremony/before the cocktail hour so that our guests can have fun and explore the area. (Most of the guests are from the US so we hope that they'll see why we love it so much and chose to get married there!)

For our guest book, we've printed out old pictures of us and all of our guests. They will get a copy that has their table number on the back and on the other copy, they can write a note on the back and then put it in a photo album as our guest book. Some of the pictures are from elementary or high school so we hope that our guests are surprised by the ones we've chosen and that it will bring back good memories!

My next project is a chalkboard that will have Our Story on it and will be displayed at the reception. I'm hoping it will turn out something like this!

Out Story

Our Story

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you Valerie! Good to see you on the Canadian side! Smiley winking I look forward to learning more about your wedding!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love this theme- everything looks so well done!

I like the interactive scavenger hunt idea too!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Samtam!! I'm so glad you're joining us for what's left in your preparations!! Smiley heart

I LOVE your Our Story theme!! This is such a great idea!! I absolutely love it! Your centerpieces, your flowers, your invitations... I'm in love with your ideas! Smiley love

You should participate in this discussion and share your ideas!

Your First Dates: Tell us your love story!

I can't wait to see more pictures of what you have planned and read about your love story! Smiley love

What type of venue did you book for your wedding? Will your love story with your FH be written in a book? How will you tell it on your wedding day? Can't wait to hear all about it!!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Samtam!

I recognize you from the US forums... I see you'e come over the the kinder gentler WW, HAHA. WELCOME! I loveSmiley heart your projects! So beautiful and personal!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Chelsea! Congrats on your wedding! I'm glad you're enjoying the planning process! I can't wait to hear more about it!

I'm originally from Vancouver but grew up in California. My fiance is from California but we have been going to Vancouver every other year to celebrate our anniversary so we decided we wanted to get married there as well so we can share it with our friends and family. Our theme is Our Story and we are incorporating vintage books throughout our wedding. I have paper flowers for our bouquets, we've been collecting vintage books for our centrepieces and our aisle runner is made out of book pages. Our invitations looked like a book and the RSVP cards were like library cards! Our colours are purple and charcoal. We're going to be doing a photo scavenger hunt before the cocktail hour so the guests have an opportunity to explore the area and see why we picked it! For our guestbook, we have printed out pictures of us with all of our guests and they get one copy with their table assignment on the back and then they sign the other copy and put it in our photo album.

We're doing pretty well on planning and just have a few projects left. I can't wait to get back up to Vancouver and enjoy our special day with family and friends!

Our Story theme

Our Story theme

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello! Welcome to the community! That is soon, how are you feeling! I would love to hear about your wedding plans, maybe see some photos of what you are doing! My wedding is August 12th 2017 and I am very excited and have had so much fun wedding planning!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics