Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner August 2020 New Brunswick

Notifying of Postponement/cancellation

Karly, on April 1, 2020 at 21:03 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

Sorry if this has been asked already but for those of you who are postponing or cancelling your weddings - how are you letting your guests know? It looks like we will be cancelling so I was thinking of sending everyone a short letter but don’t know if that’s weird/what the “protocol” is. Thanks in advance!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Chelsea, on April 3, 2020 at 22:29
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve just announced that we’re postponing our 06/06/2020 wedding celebration to 10/10/2020. i posted this on instagram and facebook, and then I will be mailing them to our guests within the next few weeks.

Notifying of Postponement/cancellation 1
    i designed the announcement for free on Canva!
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've received some by email and have seen couples sending postponement postcards or letters. It's also a good idea to remember to keep your wedding website up to date. As long as they get the information they need it really is up to you to message them in whatever way is convenient and fast for you. I'm sorry your wedding is being impacted, Karly! Stay tough!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cancellation of the wedding can be sent by FB, WhatsApp or other media your guests use on daily basis. Email those that prefer to get notified that way and can pass it on to others and have their travel agent cancel their flights if arranged.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When I postponed my shower my mom facebooked everyone she had and let them know; called people she had numbers for and I just texted all my girl friends.

However you can get in touch with people to let them know will work.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly there is no protocol for this. i would personally text or email all my guests.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

From a guests POV, as long as you tell them directly there is no wrong way of doing so. It's of course better to have it written down in email/paper though so they don't forget! Either and email like Beatriz mentioned/sent or letters in the mail would be good. I would say the email way is best though seeing as how when I sent out wedding invitations in general some got lost in the mail. Just avoid anything informal like a FB post (I think that's obvious, but you never know what people are thinking)!

• Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did forget to say though that I did give heads up to close family members! Although I’m sure a lot where expecting it
  • Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We sent out a mass email. We gathered everyone’s email and bcc everyone on it, explaining we were postponing due to covid-19. We let them know the new date and that we will be sending electronic invites going forward.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics