Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Anastasia
Beginner August 2022 New York

Not-so-standard e-rings

Anastasia, on March 19, 2021 at 06:27 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 18

Hi girls, what about not-so-standard e-rings? I love these two models, but how practical are they? Morganite has a hardness of about 8 on the Mohs Hardness Scale, tanzanite is softer at 6.5. Who had rings with such stones, please share your experience.

Morganite E-Ring

Not-so-standard e-rings 1

Tanzanite E-Ring

Not-so-standard e-rings 2

18 Comments

Latest activity by Anastasia, on March 24, 2021 at 04:13
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you very much for your experience)

• Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not-so-standard e-rings 3
    Not-so-standard e-rings 4

Not-so-standard e-rings 5
    Sapphire is beautiful but for us it was out of budget.
    Moissanite it a lot more affordable and is a great option for a lower price Not-so-standard e-rings 6
    Not-so-standard e-rings 7
    Moissanite is a lot lower in cost than sapphires

• Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I use to work at a jewelry store so I got some training in this!
    Here’s the thing, because you are wearing it everyday, there will be a time you bump it hard or hurt it accidentally. It’s unavoidable no matter how careful you are, something will happen at some point. If the stone is hard enough, you will hopefully have absolutely no damage! But the softer it is, the more likely that mild bumps and abrasions will damage the ring quite noticeably.
    Morganite is a better option for a ring than tanzanite. Although tanzanite is beautiful it is not good for daily wear. The choice really depends on how careful you want to have to be with your ring. Technically even with a diamond you are suppose to be taking it off before you clean or bathe or do anything strenuous. If you choose moissanite you need to follow those rules for sure. Some people just aren’t willing to take their ring off to protect it so that’s something to consider. I know some people will wash dishes and stuff with their rings on which is really bad for any ring.
    We chose moissanite for the engagement ring which is the best choice for an alternate engagement ring. If you want something a little bit more different than that, a sapphire is a better choice than morganite because it is harder to damage.
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the great advice!Smiley heart

• Markie
    Newbie July 2023 British Columbia
    Markie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't know anything about morganite but tanzanite is extremely fragile as far as stones go. I had a stunning, dark blue, tanzanite ring as an anniversary gift and it was destroyed in less than year. Scratches very easily, chips with moderate force, etc. If you're hard on jewelry I wouldn't go below a 9 on the hardness scale. Every number down you go, the stones have significantly less longevity from daily wear. Perhaps talk to jeweller about what exactly the jump is from a 10 to a 9 and a 10 to an 8 for the morganite?

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Smiley smile

• Anastasia
    Anastasia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You have a very beautiful and delicate wedding set. It looks very elegant Smiley heart

• Anastasia
    Anastasia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have never heard of this brand. Thanks for the link, I'm going to the siteSmiley heart

• Anastasia
    Anastasia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love family stories like your. Family jewelry are awesome. You are very lucky!

• Anastasia
    Anastasia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, I like them very much too. It remains to choose)

• Anastasia
    Anastasia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I found these rings on one2threejewelry.com . As far as I know, this small brand was founded by gemologists, so I trust them for the quality of gemstones. And of course I'm delighted the design too!

• Christiana
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that's so nice! They definitely make really beautiful pieces! Smiley smile

• Abigail
    Curious May 2022 British Columbia
    Abigail ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh, fantastic!! I had my engagement ring redone with Evorden! My fiance gave me his grandma's ring so we reworked it with them. I really love that wedding band!

• Christiana
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! My rings are from Evorden. They have a storefront in Vancouver but also have an online store. My engagement ring is one of their standard designs and I had my wedding band custom made but modelled off of one of their standard designs.

https://evorden.com/

• Abigail
    Curious May 2022 British Columbia
    Abigail ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can I ask, where did you get these rings? They're beautiful!

• Christiana
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love non-traditional engagement rings for a variety of reasons. I decided to go with a teal (more blue leaning than green) sapphire because it was a classic look that I knew wouldn't go out of style or look trendy in a few years. Sapphires are a 9 on the hardness scale so that was also a factor for me in choosing it over other stones. Sapphires come in a ton of different colours so that could be an option?

I would also recommend trying on a bunch of different rings before making your decision (as long as you're allowed to with covid). I was leaning toward a morganite but then when I tried it on I didn't like it as much as much as white or darker stones. I think pink in particular can be tricky to do right and not all shades are going to look great with all skin tones.

Not-so-standard e-rings 8

Photo by Shannon Elmitt Photography
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you. I wanted something special without diamonds, but probably it's not suitable for everyday. Although I really like the way these rings look.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You need to know that the Mohs hardness scale is not a consistent increase. The difference between a 10 and 9 is bigger than you think and by 6.5, the hardness is barely above glass. Not saying these aren't nice gem stones not worth buying but if scratch resistance is a factor for you, you need to take that into account.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics