Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Newbie April 2024 Ontario

Not having a bridal party

Brittany, on July 25, 2022 at 12:12 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
Just want opinions, COVID and also having a baby has shrunk our friend circle.

When I think of a bridal party, I think close friends, friends who have been there for you.
So really its only been hubby and I.
What’s your thoughts on not having a bridal party?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Luanne, on September 17, 2022 at 21:26
  • Luanne
    Beginner January 2023 British Columbia
    Luanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I aren't really having a bridal party. We're having our parents walk up, have our flower girls (one is doubling for our ring bearer) and well, that's it. We happen to each have one sibling and they will be our witnesses, so they get to be party of the ceremony.

• Audrey
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Totally not required, your wedding can and should be what you want it to be. I will say though, if there are friends or family who you were once close to but have drifted from, but have good memories with, asking them to be in your bridal party can be just the opportunity to reestablish your connection with them. Plus, having close friends/family go through the journey to your wedding day with you can help you have so much more fun with it, and feel like you're in it together. That was my experience. And in fact, my 2 bridesmaids (MoH + 1 bridesmaid) have become friends themselves! I joked in my speech that I hope they'll invite me along when they get together. LOL

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The wedding party choices are up to the couple to include close friends and family. Some couples just want it simple with their parents walking them down the aisle as its enough to do.
    We only decided to have 4 wedding party persons only as 2 each per side. A MOH and BM (best man). Simple and sweet as it was a small wedding.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been to a lot of weddings with no bridal party and it's just as great as having one. It's not a need, I almost opted out of having one but then the hubby wanted his brother and two bestfriends. It doesn't matter what others think it's your wedding and anything goes.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do what you and your fiance want to do! It's your wedding day!

I only have my maid of honor standing up for me and my fiance only has his best man standing up for him!

This day in age anything goes!

• R
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Rere ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are not having one as well. I have a 22 and 19 yr old who will be my MOH and Bridesmaid and my 10 year old will be my Jr. Bridesmaid. FH son is his best man. They will be sitting down once they walk. I didn't want the hassel of having a Bridal Party.
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don't have a wedding party, but I will be asking my good friend to be my witness 😉
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Plenty of weddings have no bridal parties, even big ones with 100+ in attendance.

That being said, you will need two witnesses and those people usually end up being the de facto Best Wo/Man and Maid/Man of Honour even if you don't officially call them that. Unless you choose to use parents, which you'll have to decide which parent will do it (will mom be jealous if you ask dad etc).

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s exactly it! It’s hard enough to have lunch or go for walk with people in our lives
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awww I’m so happy I could help! ❤️❤️❤️
  • Samantha
    Beginner October 2022 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re not having one , only a flower girl which will be my step daughter who’s standing with us . All my family and friends live a few hours away from me and where the wedding is and everyone is so hard to get together with peoples schedules , kids and work . We’re also very busy with work, that it would have been an added layer of things to coordinate that I just don’t have time for .
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WOW! I absolutly love that idea of you both getting ready together!!!!!

We live in Ottawa, but getting married in Toronto, as all our family lives in Toronto, which means all our friends will be travelling. I'm also not having a bridal party and it's been driving me crazy how the 'getting' ready will all pan out, as we will be staying in a hotel downtown Toronto. Your idea is the cutest! Re: "The person I want the most beside me is hubby". I love that!

You might have just scratched one worry thought I had on my list OFF Smiley heart

So all that to say go for it and get ready together!

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am all for it too! My FH and I are still deciding what we want to do.

If you have a photographer who is going to catch all the moments of you two getting ready, I think that will look so sweet and very intimate.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so Much for that!

I definitely have another question, because a bridal shop, another venue and a few others thinks we are crazy.
    Getting ready together? We really like that idea, again it’s just us and who is the person I want the most beside me is hubby
    So getting ready together, thoughts opinions?
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with this. Lately more people are choosing to not have a wedding party because of the costs associated with having them. Also, I find that people who are now doing elopements and micro weddings don't want all the fuss that comes with a wedding party, or to take away from the already few people that are in the crowd.

Now that we have made significant plans for our wedding and everything is set in stone I kind of wish I did not jump the gun on asking a few people to be in our wedding party. We only have a guest list of 40 people and 4 of them will be at the altar with us.

I say go for it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics