Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Future Mrs.
Newbie May 2021 British Columbia

Not choosing a girl to be a bridesmaid when I was her MOH

Future Mrs., on May 29, 2019 at 00:34 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
I was the MOH in her wedding but I dont consider her close enough to be a bridesmaid in my wedding. What should I do?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Miranda, on May 31, 2019 at 00:17
  • Miranda
    Beginner May 2020 Ontario
    Miranda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Does she know you have much closer friends and family? It might come to her as a shock since she considers you a MOH closeness but you don’t even want her in your bridal party. Prepare a reason so if she asks she can feel more at peace, like if you mostly chose family or kept the bridal party small etc
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well, you could just pick your girls and don't have to have any special conversation with the one you don't want involved. Hopefully she will still accept your invitation to your wedding even if she's not in the wedding party.

• Future Mrs.
    Future Mrs. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    She hasn't mentioned it because we havent asked anyone yet to be in our bridal party. But out of those I want to ask she isn't part of those girls. However I still want her at the wedding and to come celebrate at all other things.
  • Future Mrs.
    Future Mrs. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Her wedding hasn't happened yet. We are still friends but I feel like she is close enough to me to be part of the bridal.
  • Future Mrs.
    Future Mrs. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Her wedding hasn't happened yet so I dont know if she will make it an issue.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmm, has said friend mentioned that she's expecting to be in your bridal party? Or asked you who you have chosen? You could honestly just not address the issue since it really shouldn't be an issue. You're both adults and you're allowed to have whomever you want (or don't want) in your bridal party.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Again, if her wedding was a while ago, your relationship is subject to change and you might not be as close anymore. Or she is close to you but not the other way around (if that makes sense). I wouldn't mention it unless she asks, then you could say something like you wanted a smaller wedding party, or you haven't thought about the wedding party yet (this one only works for some time - eventually you'll have to say something else).

• Carly
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you are already feeling you don't want her in your wedding party now that likely won't change, but I suggested you give it a bit of time and really think about who you want being in your bridal party. Just because you were in her bridal party doesn't mean you have to have her in yours. It's your day and it's about you.

Personally when I got engaged I was so in shock and excited I made some decisions I regret. Like my bridal party. I asked my friend to be a bm because I will be one in her up coming wedding. But I honestly wish I hadn't as we had a huge falling out last summer which we later worked out but since then we haven't been as close. So definitely think it over before announcing anything.

• Vika
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Vika ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your wedding is about you and your loved ones! I made the mistake of choosing my bridesmaids too soon, and now I have the problem where one girl is a bridesmaid but now I wish she wasn't. What important is that you feel supported and comfortable with the ladies you have beside you. Don't feel obligated to have someone join you if you aren't that close with them, just because they felt that close to you Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I mean, don't mention it unless she brings it up - but if it does come up, I'm sure you can explain it some how.

Small wedding party?

Family in the wedding party instead?

If those aren't true then just be honest with her, just because you may be her go-to doesn't mean that she is yours.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As Amanda mentioned relationships do change, people change over time, did she mention she was expecting it or are you still close but rather other people in yours? Don't choose people because you feel obligated, you will wish you didn't in the end and had someone you wanted in there.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was a bridesmaid in someone's wedding who isn't invited to mine at all.. sure time has passed since her wedding, but still.. relationships change and just because one person feels one way about the relationship doesn't mean you both have to feel that way.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't ask her. do not ask someone to be in your party just because they have you in theirs.. but be prepared to explain that in case she asks.. it will make for an awkward conversation and feelings may be hurt but you need to be honest.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don’t have her if you don’t feel close to her! It’s your day - pick who you want up there with you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics