Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Newbie July 2018 Nova Scotia

Non traditional receptions

Jessica, on March 6, 2018 at 20:08 Posted in Wedding reception 1 3
My fiance and I aren't really into the idea of a traditional dinner and dance. So we're looking at some non traditional reception ideas! Right now we're going with a potluck and board games. What else can we do to have a fun night with all our guests? Not everyone is going to be into board games.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on March 8, 2018 at 15:20
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could play a bunch of games you normally would at a cottage: bocci ball, lawn bowling, bean bag toss, maybe even croquet. You could also have a small dance floor area for those who might like to dance.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I’ve had a couple friends who’ve had a bonfire after with s’mores and hotdogs. Won’t work at every reception site though.

There’s also blow up games for adults (like a bouncy castle but more adult). There’s one where you wear a Velcro suit and try to jump as high as you can or another where you are attached to an elastic and trying to get further than the person beside you.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could also do lawn games if you're having an outdoor area. I'd suggest still having a "dance area" just for those guests that might want to do a bit of dancing. I love the idea of board games at wedding. We are going to set up mini ones at each table for the guests that don't want to dance.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics