Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanessa
Newbie September 2018 Nova Scotia

Non-traditional food choices

Vanessa, on January 16, 2018 at 20:37 Posted in Wedding reception 0 27

So my Fiance and I have chosen to have pizza for our reception as it is both our favorite foods. I was wondering if anyone else has gone with pizza or other non-conventional food choices for their receptions? If so, how'd it go over?

27 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on August 26, 2019 at 16:32
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yesss do it! love pizza! wood oven is my fav!! we are serving tacos at our wedding along with other food like chicken and stuff im sure people will love it!

• Rebecca
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for the reply! That definitely would make it easier Smiley smile I will assume 75% of people will be remaining... hopefully that number works!

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi! Our venue actually offered the midnight pizza as a part of our catering package, so once we submitted our final numbers, they determined quantity. I know that probably isn't as helpful as you were hoping for, sorry! I can say that the pizza was a big hit and I would allot at least 2 slices per guest.

• Rebecca
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi there! We will be doing Pizza as a Midnight Snack as well; I'm just trying to figure out how much to get. I was thinking an average of 2 slices per guest, however I'm not really sure how many guests to count for seeing as it will be later. What did you end up doing?

Thanks!

• Katherine
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Would you order all different kinds? Gluten free options? Vegetarians?

• Katherine
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats a great idea! Keep it simple i think is the best.

• Kris
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pizza sounds amazing! It is my favourite food, and is a more fun option!

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had midnight pizza and people loved it! I wouldn't be mad at all at a pizza dinner!

• Natalee
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Natalee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mmmm Pizza my fav! GO FOR IT!

My Fiance and I and my son all worked for Dominoes so we are going to do that for the late night meal...

I think it will be a hit! YUM YUM!Smiley love

• Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're having a buffet of Fajitas.... i was hesitant at first cause i wasn't expecting my wedding to have that "help yourself" feel BUT who doesn't like fajitas and at least this way i don't have to worry about where everyone is sitting for the serving. and so far everyone has been super excited about fajitas for our wedding. I think it'll go well. At the end of the day, its your wedding!!!! Eat what you want!!!!

• Katherine
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pizza seems to always go over well....I am not doing a formal sit down dinner as I am going for a laid back casual wedding. I am having my reception start at 7pm, debating on what to serve. I need some suggestions??

• Amanda
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I are stuck between Chinese food and pizza. His choice is pizza, mine is Chinese... and the food is on his side of the bill... so I could be out of luck here Smiley tongue. Either way, I kinda love the casual feel either meal will add to the date.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pizza is always a good idea! Smiley heart 🍕 I'd love to see it at a wedding!

5 Ways to Serve Pizza at Your Wedding
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't decide to go with pizza BUT am seriously considering it for a late-night station. It's such a good idea!

• Victoria
    Newbie August 2018 Saskatchewan
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was honestly wanting to do pizza and taco in a bag! haha, I think Pizza is a GREAT idea!!😁
  • Missa
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't doing a sit down dinner but snacks later in the evening ( poutine and nacho bar!) (some of our favorite food!)

• T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a taco truck doing an unlimited taco buffet. I’ve also heard of someone doing a breakfast for dinner buffet .. genius just genius
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love this!!!

I've been to a wedding that catered chipotle and it was phenomenal... cheaper and TBH wayyy beter than the usual dry chicken and mashed potatoes at other weddings.

• A
    Newbie June 2018 Ontario
    Aysha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a taco bar for our wedding! It's a small backyard wedding, more like a party, so we thought non traditional would be fun! We looked at a pizza food truck and a mobile wood oven pizza but it didnt work for our backyard so we decided to go the taco route! I say go for it. I know another bride who had the wood oven pizza and she said it was awesome.

• S
    Newbie March 2018 British Columbia
    Sophia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Had a friend do pizza. It was a hit!

We are doing Chinese food. Since we both love it. And we feel there will be something that everyone likes.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If pizza is your chouce, stick with it. Not every wedding meals are the same and some do backyard bbq selection. We had 4 couraes sit down meal which everyone liked and late night buffet with sanwiches/ veg wraps, veggies and fruits. That was a hit as majority of the guests were drinking.
  • Sarah
    Frequent user December 2018 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Funny. My fiance and I were just talking about ordering pizza and then go to Costco and getting salads and chips
    Seems like the way to go!
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't having a sit down dinner but instead tons of hors d'oeuvres and then two live action stations where chefs cook the food in front of the guests and they can go up whenever. Our two stations (we got to choose from a list of 8 or so) are a pasta & meatball bowl where you get to choose your pasta and sauce and a jamaican jerk chicken station with all the fixins. Not really traditional but we wanted to do fun & different - plus we have a crowd of big drinkers and wanted to ensure lots of solid food in their bellies.

I say go with the pizza!!! I am (obviously) not a huge fan of traditional sit-down so I love the idea of going to a wedding that's a little different Smiley smile Maybe just ensure you don't have any lactose intolerant guests or have a special pizza to accomodate

• Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend ordered pizza for everything for their wedding and everyone loved it! We wanted to do that for our midnight snack but where we are getting married is too far for it to still be warm/fresh
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had wanted to do jambalaya as our wedding meal since it was what we had on our first date. But, the venue I fell in love with has their own catering and jambalaya is not an option.

I'm a sentimental person, so I'm all for doing things a little differently if it means something special. I say go for it! I think with pizza, it can be a little less formal if you wanted. You can still do tables with arranged seating if you wanted, or if you want a more casual feel, you can go for that too.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want to do pizza or BBQ, or even fish and chips! I mean the traditional chicken or whatever is great but I love the idea of just having something I absolutely love!
  • Michelle
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Although 1 option we have us pretty traditional (chicken parmesan) my fiance is obsessed with pulled pork. He literally orders that at every single restuarant. So we're doing pulled pork or chicken parmesan as the main protein. Probably don't go together but it's happening haha.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics