Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Taylor
Beginner September 2022 Ontario

Non-traditional First Dance Songs

Taylor, on September 26, 2021 at 13:10 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
Looking for some suggestions for a first dance song. I'm looking for something that's a little lesser known, maybe a bit of an indie/alternative style.

We've been stuck on this for quite some time!
TIA

5 Comments

Latest activity by Tracey, on September 30, 2021 at 20:40
  • Tracey
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Tracey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A option you might want to think of is having a song created for you as a couple. I used Songlorious and ended up using in our ceremony instead but it is something that we both cherish.

• Laurence
    Beginner April 2022 Quebec
    Laurence ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing our first dance on You+Me from the group named You+Me (it’s actually Pink and Dallas Green).
  • Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These are the songs the fiance and I are deciding between "Tangled Up in You" by Stained, "Between the Raindrops" by Lifehouse & Natasha Beddingfield, and "Everything" by Lifehouse. I haven't really heard of any of the 3 above being used, at least not often...

Originally, my fiance was dead set on Tangled Up In You - even got the lyrics printed out on a poster for our wall - but he is now not 100% sure lol

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You have a genre commonly enjoyed, there may be a song you two may want to choose from there to make it your song. It can depend on the artist as well if that is something that may help. Searching the net may also help at

https://www.thepinkbride.com/15-unique-non-traditional-first-dance-songs/

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Look for playlists in that genre on Spotify and see if you find something. Or pick a well-known song you like on Spotify and let their algorithm select songs based on that via the radio function.

Here's an Indie/Alternative playlist for weddings

Hopefully you find something!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics