Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Ontario

Non-alcholic option on rsvp?

D Yat, on February 26, 2018 at 14:37 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5

My venue has a alcohol package and non-alcohol package.

Can I ask my guests if they will be wanting to drink alcohol or just other drinks on the rsvp card? Ie. if they are the designated driver or any other reason they would not be drinking cultural or medical.Thanks

5 Comments

Latest activity by Joey, on February 27, 2018 at 11:38
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is this something your venue wants you to ask your guests? I know for my reception all the guests who were of legal drinking age were counted towards my bar costs regardless of whether they would be drinking on the day, and anyone under drinking age was counted at a lower price for just soft drinks. If some of your guests aren't drinking it will be hard to track them on the day.

• D
    Ontario
    D Yat ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They don't allow wine on tables people have to go to the bar for all drinks except wine served at dinner

I really don't want to pay $60 per person when all they will drink is soft drinks. The groom is taking the soft drink package at $8.50.

Of course the drinking plan allows you to have beer and wine and soft drinks.

Also, the prosecco for the toast is extra on top of the $60.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it’s a little strange to ask and to just make a decision regarding which type of bar you plan to have. Could you compromise with wine on table?
  • D
    Ontario
    D Yat ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for your advice.

Yes the venue makes me choose beforehand.

$60 for all night alcohol package per person and $8.50 per person if just drinking soft drinks.

I don't want to pay for the alcohol package if people know ahead of time they won't be drinking.

So I guess I will do the check off box on the RSVP card.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have to choose which package beforehand? Or is it possible to offer both? If you have to choose, I wouldn't put anything on the RSVP. If you are doing it as a poll and choosing what the majority say, you will have some upset people. If more people checked off non-alcoholic so you don't serve it, the people that checked off alcoholic will be disappointed because they were expecting it (since it was on the RSVP).

It's nice to want to involve your guests, but some decisions just need to be made by the two of you.

That being said, if it's similar to a menu option (some people can have alcoholic and some non-alcoholic) then you could put it on the RSVP card similar to a menu option. Have 2 check boxes and ask people to check off which drink option they would like.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics