Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jillian
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

No show floral consult

Jillian, on May 31, 2019 at 20:35 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18
So we are in the process of getting quotes for florals and since we live 2 provinces away we have been setting up phone consults. We had one scheduled with 1 and she cancelled half hour before our call then we rescheduled and she didnt answer her phone. I left a message and still havent heard back from her. Fortunatly there are plenty of other vendors who im sure would love to take our $3000+ on florals. Would you reach out to the "no show" it is so unprofessional and unacceptable. Not to mention wasted our time twice..

18 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on August 21, 2019 at 16:36
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldnt bother her and find someone reliable!! imagine she did that on your wedding day!

• Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh wow! That's pretty bad. Glad you found someone!

• Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I left a review and she emailed 1.5 weeks later of our scheduled phone call and said sorry my phone didnt notify me of missed calls do u want to reschedule.
    I didnt bother replying since it took her 1.5 weeks to get back to me...and we found another vendorSmiley smile
  • Daniela
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Did you reach out again?/How did your search work out?!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I absolutely would not! You already re-scheduled it once, and she still flaked out on you. You definitely don't need that when you're planning a wedding.

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not at all. I would look forward and take it as a sign. She is either to busy, or don't understand the value of a potential customer.

• Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's unprofessional and they should not be running any kinds of Floral Shop, I'm hoping you received your money back or deposit . I will be picking up my own flowers, I have heard too many nightmares, . I hope you find someone who will help you. Smiley flower

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds unprofessional and not wanting to take you serious for the meetings. Reaching out again would be a waste of time and request to get the deposit back and find another florist. A feedback of the vendor is good to let others know what to expect of this florist.

Hope all works out and you get a better florist to give their full professional and attention to your day.

• Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know this discussion is a couple weeks old but I had a really bad experience with a florist who no showed me after I paid a deposit. I tried to set up supplementary meetings with her and she always cancelled them last minute and used really terrible made up excuses every single time. Don't make the same mistake I did - FIND SOMEONE WHO IS RESPONSIVE!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well... it depends on how much spare time you have mixed with how petty you want to be.... lol If I had the time I would still do a phone consult if I could manage to get ahold of her and then at the very end of it tell her that I have and never had any intentions of booking her as she acted to unprofessional Smiley smile

Sorry to hear that you have to put up with that :/

• Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ill check her out thx!!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No I wouldn’t at all.

im having a similar issue with my florist. She was all ready to go at my first appointment, my mom paid a deposit for flowers and the florist gave a separate quote for decor.

I needed the decor quote revised and I haven’t heard back since.
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No, I wouldn't bother reaching out again. I do understand that on their end there could be extenuating circumstances however the florist could leave a msg on her phone explaining that she will get back to everyone or on her social media pages stating she will return to business when she is able to.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is not fun at all! I honestly wouldn’t reach out. Leave a review somewhere and just make a note of it. If she isn’t answering your calls, I wouldn’t waste another minute!
  • Daniela
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh sorry to hear! I did talk to her and it was hard to get a hold of her. I HIGHLY recommend wine country floral Shelley Scott. She was amazing, I looked everywhere for florists and she gave me the best price (flowers are ridiculously expensive) and she was very, very nice.

• Jillian
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lush florals
  • Daniela
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry to hear Jillian Smiley sad may i ask who? Since youre in the same area as me I want to see if it’s who I hired to beware hahaha or if I can recommend her!
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Can you leave a review somewhere? I would be more inclined to leave a review then try and talk to them again..

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics