Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick

No photos at the wedding?

Amanda, on February 25, 2018 at 21:04 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12

So, my FH HATES being photographed. He's okayed having a professional photographer for the day, but he doesn't want our guests to be taking pictures as well. He's suggested indicating on our invitations that there shouldn't be any cameras besides our photographer (and he's left it up to me to make that sound less... socially autistic...)

Anyway... he claims it's a reasonable request... but I've never heard of it before. Has anyone here ever seen a request like that on an invitation? Is it tacky? And if you have seen it... how was it worded to not sound mean?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Jocelyn, on March 1, 2018 at 10:18
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Im also doing unplugged ceremony, as i do not want photos/guests on their phones during.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your FH wants ti have the privacy and less people taking pictures which i can understand. The officiant or church priest can request to have the phones off to be respectful and no pictures taken. Reception time everyone can still take it without him knowing. If y you wish, the sign as suggessted from the ceremony gets tranferred to the reception area.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve heard of it before for the ceremony but not for the entire reception. It’s a good idea tho to get people to be more present during the celebrations.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is not as unusual as you think. My friend had an unplugged ceremony - no phones or cameras. I think Holly's saying about leaving the bride and groom alone is great!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can have an unplugged ceremony. Check Facebook buy and sell sites and you can probably find a used sign as they are really common right now!

It's harder to prevent people from taking pictures during the reception, but you can probably have a similar sign for that: an unplugged reception.

I would also have the MC announce it as people don't always read signs unfortunately.

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have an unplugged ceremony! Those are a really sweet and acceptable way to keep cameras away and the wedding personal, just specify to turn off ALL electronics, not just phones, that way it'll prevent cameras from being around.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s definitely a thing during the ceremony. Holly has a great little saying. You can find lots of sayings if you look up “unplugged ceremony”. I agree though, that you can’t stop guests from taking pictures during the reception. Chances are your fiancé will be focused on other things such as yourself and eating dinner to not worry about photos during that time
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're welcome! Goodluck 😊
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love that statement! Thanks so much Smiley smile
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It definitely is! You can also put a sign at your venue that says the same request. Also put a notice saying "during reception we encourage to see photos of you enjoying your night, however leave the bride and groom photos to the professional"
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh perfect. So maybe it's more of a common request than I thought! Thanks!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having an unplugged ceremony. We will just say that in the invitation. "We are having an u plugged ceremony and ask you to turn all phone, cameras and other electronic devices off". Chances are guest will take pictures during the reception even if you ask them not to. I don't think you can stop that unfortunately.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics