Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amyfanggg
Frequent user April 2018 Ontario

No one is helping me! :(

Amyfanggg, on February 7, 2018 at 00:03 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10
I want to have a stag and doe but my wedding party is not budging, neither is my family. I was going to say screw it, I'll just plan it myself but I am so inexperienced and don't have time! I told my sisters that I'm trying to pick a date and shared all the struggles I'm having, but they didn't reply my messages. Smiley cry I directly told my wedding party that I'd like a stag and doe instead of a bridal shower. They replied and said "sounds fun" and THAT WAS IT. I kind of want to cry now, I had trouble sleeping last night thinking about it. 2.5 months to the wedding.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Jen, on February 10, 2018 at 14:20
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't even bother, especially with your wedding being in two months! They take a LONG time to plan. Theres no way you would be able to pull it off this close to your wedding. You should have started planning sometimes last year. We had ours in August and get married in June.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If it is an option have it be like a casual get together but with a fancy title. Our stag and doe was becoming too stressful to plan so the best man said that he would have it in his backyard. We are going to get a bunch of alcohol and have a big bbq and tell people if they want to come there will be the typical stag and doe games/draws and they will have to buy a ticket so that we are aware of head counts and everyone has been great. Our wedding party didn’t really help until we told them a date and that if we didn’t find a place to have it we weren’t doing it. They all realized we really wanted it and started helping because we had a few details (date, theme, and some game ideas) figured out to give them.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree, I had help (so I thought) for mine, but I planned everything which wasn't suppose to happen, got most of the prizes which wasn't suppose to happen, sold the most tickets, my FH was great with getting the food, but truthfully i felt so let down, and I had a major anxiety attack that lasted a couple months, I couldn't even go onto this site, which is why I had been missing. All is good now, and my wedding party realized they let me down, and apologized over and over and over, the girls took complete control of my shower and didn't let me do a single thing, and not even letting me in on my bachelorette or on my FHs bachelor party. Truthfully 2.5 months until your wedding, and just starting a stag and doe with no help, isn't much time, you would need a month at the minimum to plan.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There are A LOT of halls in the GTA that do stags/does. If your heart is set on one, do it yourself because it sounds like your wedding party is not going to s it. ALSO, there are so many companies you can hire to do the entertaining at these types of events, just look around.

I hope everything works out for you in the end ❤️
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You are cutting it close to the wedding to just begin planning a stag & doe. Games, prizes, hall rental, alcohol, bartenders, donations and tickets would all need to be organized. You may have left this too long Smiley sad They are a lot of work (for everyone) which is why we are skipping this. Pick your battles
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry you're sad! Is it possible they don't know you would like them to host it? Since it's a fundraising event could they have the impression that the couple is supposed to host it themselves, or that your family will be hosting one for you? You mentioned you're inexperienced at this, is it possible they are as well? If they are your dearest friends and closest family they probably would love to support you but maybe they're unclear on what you need them to do.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Apart from family and wedding party, would anyone else help? That way you can still enjoy and gather all of the prizes for a silent auction and some raffles. Good luck and hope all works out.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It sucks that no one is helping you! I know the stress can be overwhelming. With only 2.5 months to go until your wedding though I don't think there is really any time for a stag and doe to be planned and executed.

• Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear that!!! It’s awful to have your bridesmaids not come through for you. I can relate unfortunately Smiley sad are any of the groomsmen able to help?
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What do you want to do? You may have to just ask someone to plan it or help you plan it!! Stag/doe parties are hard!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics