Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Denai
Curious June 2019 Alberta

No dance reception?

Denai, on October 21, 2018 at 17:54 Posted in Wedding reception 1 12

Did you decide not to have a dance at your wedding? We are on the fence about it and quite honestly leaning toward not having one at all just because our family and us are not the dancing type. We would like to know if you decided not to have a dance at your wedding and what you decided to do INSTEAD? Thanks in advance!!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Kim, on October 23, 2018 at 09:32
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're not having a dance. We want to enjoy our time with our guests over dinner and conversations..
    Similar to pp all our guests are from out of town so it will be nice to catch up and enjoy time together.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a dance since every family wedding has occured. There are about 3 or 4 events where dancing is always taking place.
  • Karis
    Newbie November 2019 Manitoba
    Karis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a dance, but before the DJ arrives, we have booked a solo violinist to play at the ceremony and the first dance so that it's something different. Perhaps you could have a live musician play for a pre-determined period instead of dancing!

• Catherine
    Frequent user July 2020 Quebec
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are doing the exact same! Nice to see that other couples have the same idea.
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not planning a dance portion, but are doing a father/daughter and first dance but, that's it.

We have a lot of out of town and older guests and we'd rather spend quality time with them over a nice meal.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding recently that didn't have dancing. they did a noon ceremony. and then had a 2-230pm lunch. in between while they were getting photos, they had hors d'ouevers, drinks. then some lawn games, a caricature artist. it was nice.

• C
    Newbie February 2020 Quebec
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm thinking of an earlier wedding (like starting at noon) for a lunch type thing. I'm not avoiding dancing altogether, but I don't think there will be much at my wedding. We're going to go with live music and maybe even have some dancers come in for a choreographed dance as entertainment.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't having dancing mostly because of cost. We're having the ceremony later and a really nice sit down meal with everything happening in the evening.

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We opted for a luncheon and no dancing as our families aren't the dancing types either

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Although I love the dancing portion of a wedding - I wouldn't mind at all if I went to one where that wasn't a thing. I would think that you could even call it a night early too Smiley smile

Perhaps you could have a few games? obviously the shoe game? And then maybe open the floor to a roast of the bride and groom if you're into that sort of thing?

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There won’t be dancing at my wedding reception bc it’s a brunch reception.

Ideas instead could be having entertainment or a slideshow.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My cousin didn’t have a dance and they didn’t plan anything in its place. Adults are pretty good about entertaining themselves. Even with dances, not everyone participates and most people don’t have anything else planned.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics