Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Audrey
Beginner October 2017 Ontario

Nightmares

Audrey, on January 29, 2017 at 07:34 Posted in Before the wedding 0 18
My wedding is still 9 months away and I'm already having nightmares 😐 Of vendors not showing up and hubby not cooperating lol anyone else?

18 Comments

Latest activity by Audrey, on January 31, 2017 at 07:58
  • Audrey
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

thank you Smiley smile its a ballgown, i will share it in that discussion.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh Brittany! I hope you won't get both the work nightmares and wedding ones at once Smiley ups What step are you at in your planning? Has everything gone smoothly so far?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What!? Smiley love You just picked your dress today? That's amazing!! Congrats! How does it look like? Feel free to share it with us in this discussion: Brides of 2017! Show off your dress! It's a private discussion Smiley winking What style did you choose? Is it A Line or mermaid?

• Brittany
    Beginner August 2017 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh no, that's so scary! I'm still having work nightmares as per my usual, but I know the wedding nightmares will come soon enough!

• Audrey
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No worries, I expected them lol just not so soon. I have maybe 50% of vendors booked and just picked a dress today!
  • Audrey
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ha I assume they will get worse lol!
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have them every so often and as it creeps closer to the day they become more frequant and worse lol ... but just have to shake it off and keep moving forward

• Vanessa
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank heavens I've planned a super simple wedding where one of the pros was "low logistics - Vanessa will not freak out" haha! Smiley shame No stress, just fun!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just had one last night! I was really busy running around and once we were done the ceremony someone said something about my dress and I suddenly realized it wasn't my dress and the shop had given me the wrong one and I SOMEHOW didn't realize for hours. So I was freaking out and furious with the shop but the wedding was done at that point so what was there to do! ...So odd

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Audrey! Welcome to the community! Smiley heart I'm sorry to hear you're having these nightmares Smiley sad Weddings can be a lot of pressure, I hope you had time to relax over the weekend. I think it's a good idea to have a backup plan in case soemthing happens, but try to not go over what could go wrong too much. You can take a look at this to see how you can plan or just chat about it with other brides:

What to do if a vendor cancels...

What would be the most terrible thing to happen on your wedding day?

The important is that you'll get to be with your partner for the rest of you lives! Smiley heart Enjoy this precious moment lovely lady. Let us know how it goes! What step are you at in your planning?

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha wedding nightmares are very common! I still get them sometimes even though my wedding is over. They were usually about ridiculous stuff that couldn't really happen. My husband even had a couple! So don't worry and just take it as preparation so that whatever happens in the dream doesn't happen at the wedding!

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had some nightmares. I had a dream that my photographer did not show up and that scared me. I think it's the stress of the wedding planning that seems to find its way through our dreams. I would not worry about it and just remember to be positive and have a back up plan for unexpected events.
  • Tina
    Devoted February 2018 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just don't worry so much and on the day it will just flow. My first wedding to my ex me and my girls got stuck in a elevator for 30 minutes. We where very later to the church but you know what everything went great and it didn't change anything. Just breath and live in the moment. You will do great.
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have anxiety dreams about everything and anything so I feel like it's a matter of time until I have wedding related nightmares! I second List's advice about assuring yourself that at the end of the day everything will be fine! I also find that waking up and going Iverson all the reasons why my fears are unfounded helps soothe me as well!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Start every day then! Write it on a piece of paper by your bed and read it before you go to sleep and when you wake up! Smiley smile
  • Audrey
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lol that's actually pretty good advice as I have not yet been telling myself this yet!!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry to hear that you are going through that. It will be a perfect day for you, but maybe start realising and understanding that things might go wrong. And if they do you will have to go with the flow! (I'm already reminding myself of this this, and my wedding is next year). I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and a control freak so I am already having that talking with myself ! Hahaha IT WILL BE FINE. Smiley smile
  • Robyn
    Frequent user June 2017 Quebec
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had one that I forgot my wedding shoes and the caterer forgot to bring food. It was kind of funny,

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics