Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsie
Master July 2021 Ontario

New Wedding Date - covid Postponement

Kelsie, on May 22, 2020 at 13:49 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15

Hey everyone!

We have officially locked in our new wedding date.... September 4, 2021 - a whole year and two ish months after our original date this July.

So we need to obviously do new invites because people who RSVP'd yes or no, perhaps would change their response now.

Originally, we had a pocket wedding invite which had a pocket inside to hold the maps, RSVP card and hotel info. Unfortunately, the invite place is only giving discounts for a "change the date" singular card - and we need the RSVPs done also - it's just out of our budget to re-do the invitations.

For those of you who did invites with RSVP cards - how did you do it? There's a lot of designs I like from Zazzle but they are singular invite cards (no where to put the RSVP card unless I just stick it in the envelope).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I do this? I'm worried the RSVP card will fall out of the envelope once opened and get lost. Does Vistaprint or Zazzle do pocket invites to anyone's knowledge?

Thank you in advance!

15 Comments

Latest activity by Stefanie, on May 25, 2020 at 17:59
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have had to reschedule from August 8 to August 14, 2021. We also will be doing new invitations. I am going to do something a little different this time. I am doing just one 5x7 card with requests to either RSVP to our wedding website I am making or by phone to save on the RSVP return costs etc.
  • Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The belly band idea is a good alternative, and I think more cost friendly!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Minted has a band you can add to the invite suite that would keep everything together. They were a little pricier than Vistaprint but absolutely gorgeous and I've heard great things about the quality.
  • Michele
    Newbie July 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michele ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have done the same- just postponed our July wedding to July 2021- so sad to officially let go of hopes for this year, but definitely relieved to have our new date set!

We also realized that with the new date a year away, we’ll need to send new invites. To keep it simple we decided to use paperless post for e-vites and have guests RSVP through our wedding website on The Knot. I understand some brides prefer to use paper invites, just a thought as it is a huge cost saver!
    Best of luck as you plan for your new date!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our original ones were light grey and light blue!

We're sticking with the same theme but doing something more simple this time round.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It actually is! I'm no longer anxiously awaiting each days COVID numbers or stressing out about when Ontario will enter its next phase.

Let's hope by next September - this is long forgotten!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aw you're so sweet Gloria - thank you! We've had lots of positive messages from family and friends after we announced the postponement today - its a bitter pill to swallow but it will be worth it next September.

• L
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    LJ Hisey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes I second the belly band! My stationary girl did belly bands for all my invites.

By chance, what colour are your invites? I have all my dusty blue belly bands that were never used and won’t be as we aren’t sending out our invites.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Glad you managed to find a new date to postpone, Kelsie! Must be such a relief off your shoulders.
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ahhhh Kelsie .... I’m so so sorry to hear 😓😢. But that just means wedding wire community gets you a bit longer ❤️. I’m sure it was difficult but I’m happy to hear you were able to postpone. Your new date will kick ass!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We were very lucky - someone dropped their date!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear that you have had to postpone! But congrats on the new date! My fiance and I had to do the same with postponing to next year

• V
    Frequent user September 2021 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have one card invites, no RSVP cards, because we are doing RSVPs online, but I just wanted to pop in and say that it is awesome that you managed to find a Saturday at your venue because I remember you mentioning your venue didn’t have any! Congratulations on your new date! It will be beautiful Smiley smile I re-scheduled to two weeks after you Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! I’ll look into this for sure!
  • Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Zazzle has what’s called a “belly band” that holds all pieces together in the envelope.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics