Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shantel
Beginner September 2022 Ontario

Nervous bride

Shantel, on January 1, 2021 at 23:59 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 27
Hi guys !

I’m getting married June 18 2021, I’m so worried that I won’t be able to have my dream wedding!
Covid-Right now I can’t even do anything, just a waiting game to see what the future holds . Everything is basically done planning and it’s like I might not even be able to have the wedding I worked so hard on, it’s so heartbreaking.
Hopefully this year will be a better year for us brides !

27 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 11, 2021 at 11:24
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your hard work will pay off for what you have planned and done to make your day special. Its uncertain to know what's ahead of us at this time. Being nervous is given not having your day come though postponement can be done if chosen to do so. Carrying your day on as planned and keeping to the lower guest list may be the answer, yet feeling disappointed your full list isn't being filled in the room.

I hope you do get your day and everything goes smoothly.

• Stephanie
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Alexis you give me hope! I just did my list to 60 and with more hard cuts I can do to 50 but I don't know about more than that....I am hoping the nice weather and the vaccines for at least the older people will make a difference to the restrictions....

• Jessica
    Beginner February 2021 Saskatchewan
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It'll work out... some way, somehow.

Mine is February 27th. If they don't lift the current food/drink restrictions in my area (We booked a Hall that would fit over 200ppl to ensure distancing for the intial 60 (now 30 only), I'm going to march everyone to the bar down the street for supper and a few drinks in my wedding gown because apparently 30ppl in a smaller space is better than 30-60 in a MUCH larger space under the restrictions. So if anyone sees a full wedding marching down the street... we are hunting dinner! 💕
    You just have to wrap your head around it and think outside the box. It may not be your dream wedding BUT it can still be beautiful and you're marrying the love of your life so that's the main point to celebrate. Smiley smile
    I wish you luck! I know EXACTLY how hard it is and how you're feeling. #CovidBride
  • Gioia
    Frequent user July 2021 Quebec
    Gioia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I feel you girl 100%, I did as well so I know how you and all these other brides to be feel. I believe it will work out 🥰
  • Shantel
    Shantel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

YAAAYY !

Girl I'm crossing my fingers and praying that by April things change. I put so much in my dream wedding !

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    OMG no, and I'm ok with that 😂😂😂
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are you a TikTok celeb now, Amelia? Do all the kids in NB know who you are? lol

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

One positive thing is your venue not forcing your hand. Hope it works out for you.

• Gioia
    Gioia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yay another marriage day twin!! I truly believe this summer will be a lot more free in terms of having weddings compared to last year which makes me extremely hopeful! Best of luck to you Alexis
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think your wedding will still have restrictions but I think it will at least get to be a beautiful in person wedding maybe with a zoom side to things...
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Whoohoo that is really awesome news! My fiancé and I are also getting married July 17th! Last summer July’s restrictions were much better than now and then next summer I have read in the news will be much closer looking to summer 2019 than summer 2020
  • Pamela
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Pamela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel you on that! It's been hard trying to enjoy the planning process when you don't even know if the hard work your putting in will follow through. I'm also planning for a June 2021 wedding. It sucks because most of my family are in different countries so I won't have too many family from my side either. Just have to remember that all you need is the two of you!
  • Jodi
    Beginner September 2021 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello ladies. Yes, times are still uncertain but what my Fiancée and I have realized is what matters most to us and what will make us happy. Our wedding will most likely be very different than what we originally had planned (even after postponing in 2020) but will be exactly what we need.

The important thing for us is coming together and being married. If family and friends can't be there in person, they can attend virtually. Pretty sure everyone will most likely be understanding of the situation. Family and friends don't understand the stress, anxiety and trying to please everyone all while being a "COVID Bride"

Our wedding It may not be what we wanted in the beginning, but maybe exactly what we need in the end!~ Stay positive ladies.

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I saw a video in the early lockdown days where someone suggested only checking the news once a day if you really feel you need to. Their argument was that we can't change it, but it has the power to change us and change our moods and change our outlook on the rest of our day.

(Unfortunately I swapped checking the news with TikTok which is a whole other problem in my life 😂)
  • Shantel
    Shantel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, we’re just waiting to see what’s going on, I can postpone but I already did that
  • Shantel
    Shantel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! Trying my best to stay positive. Watching the news and seeing people just not listening it’s so frustrating
  • Krystel
    Beginner September 2021 Quebec
    Krystel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married June 12th 2021! Same situation... everything is planned but we haven’t sent out our invitations yet because we don’t know whats going to happen..
    I’m so nervous because we don’t even have a plan B!

I keep my Fingers crossed the situation will get better in March-April
  • Johana
    Newbie June 2021 Quebec
    Johana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

June 5th over here, indeed praying is the only thing we do!

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A lot of good change can happen between now and June! Keep your hopes up, thinking about all the bad that could happen will only drag you down and make you worry about stuff that is out of your control.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hope everything works out for you. Have you been in touch with the venue to see what their thoughts are?

• Helen
    Newbie August 2022 British Columbia
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hang in there! There's still uncertainty in 2021 but we're all hoping the covid situation gets better this year. My day is May 22 and I feel your frustration. I've put a pause on wedding planning because of the current health restrictions in BC. Sending positive vibes and wishing you a beautiful wedding!

• Stephanie
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks all I am still feeling really down about everything I postponed a year but I am worried people won't come if they're not vaccinated (younger ones) i read these messages to try to stay hoprful

• Gioia
    Gioia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey! I feel your pain, my fiance and I have everything planned for our July 17th wedding. We are praying and remaining positive that this summer will be an amazing one for weddings. They are saying that by April all the vulnerable population such as doctors, nurses, long-term care home residents and people over the age of 80 should be all vaccinated (2 shots of the vaccine) by then! It is hard to see the future especially with how hard the covid is hitting Canada during the winter and it will probably stay this way till February, but I believe once March comes things will begin to change! Best of luck ❤
  • Sara
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Shantel!

Our date us June 12, and we're trying super hard to stay positive. With most recent vaccination updates it looks like they're hoping to have most vulnerable populations vaxxed by April! This really gave me hope. Hoping the next couple of months will lower the numbers and we can get back to some lower restrictions.
    Manifesting positive vibes for us!!!
  • Shantel
    Shantel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks ! Feeling the positive energy !
  • Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As a twice postponed bride, I feel your pain! But I believe by the summer time, we will be ready to host these types of events again. Sending you positive vibes❤️ This is our year!!!
  • Rachelle
    Beginner July 2021 Nova Scotia
    Rachelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don’t be worried girl everything will work out 2021 has been positives vibes already you’ll get married to the man of your dreams ! Don’t worry about it everything will work out ! My day is June 20 ! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics