Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner August 2020 Alberta

Need wording advise? Ceremony only?

Tia, on June 10, 2020 at 21:54 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Hi everyone,
So Alberta has now changed their gathering maximum to 50 people indoors, and 100 outdoors. We would like to invite 100 guest to our ceremony which is outdoors but unfortunately won’t have enough room for the extra 50 people at the indoor reception. I was thinking about giving out a separate invitation to the “ceremony only” guests and having some type of message on it saying that if the number increases before our wedding (August 8) we will accommodate them and let them know ASAP. Is this rude? I would never do this normally but given the circumstances I don’t really feel like I have a choice. I would love to hear some thoughts on this and what I should put on the invitations. Thanks!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Veronica, on June 12, 2020 at 15:04
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes - this is the perfect wording! Totally agree.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with everyone else. Given the circumstances, people should be very understanding but yes, I’d be honest and explicit. If it’s helpful, perhaps maybe even make a covid-related announcement that the gathering limit is currently 50 but you’re hoping it raises to 100 by your day. If not, then some guests will only be invited to the ceremony and you can have a get-together after covid is over to celebrate with everyone else.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If youre ceremony is outside can you just move the location over a bit for more room? or space out the chairs?

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Is the reception is not at the same venue as the ceremony, that could help thin the herd.

• A
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you will just have to take care to be very explicit on the wording for people not invited to the reception. Some people might not even realize they only got invited to part of the day, and will just hang around at the venue expecting to go inside for the reception afterwards.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Veronica; under "normal" circumstances it would be considered rude but due to what's going on in the world... I'm sure that guests will completely understand. If they are hurt by it.... then those aren't the kind of people I would want attending my wedding tbh.

Hopefully they keep upping the group gatherings though so that you can get all of them to attend!!

• T
    Beginner August 2020 Alberta
    Tia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, I think so too. I have extended family about 6 hours away (probably about 20 of them in total) that I am still going to invite just for the company sake as us and my family here don’t see them very often, what they do will be up to them though.
    Have you thought about what you might say on your invitations yet? I sure hope it will go up still!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think this is totally fine - normally I would say its rude, but given the circumstances I think this is fine and we are considering this option as well, as we are in the exact same position!

I think most people will understand - perhaps not those that are out of town though.

Best Wishes! Fingers crossed we are able to raise the indoor to 100 by August Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics