Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Taryn
Beginner September 2018 Alberta

Need Suggestions for the "kissing Game"!

Taryn, on August 9, 2018 at 14:09 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8

Hi all you lovely brides out there!! I am looking for suggestions for when the bride and groom kiss during the reception. I really do not want to do the traditional "clinking of the glasses" as that could get annoying quickly. I am looking for something simple, yet fun and would be entertaining for everyone. I am just under a month away from the wedding so if you have some clever, fun ideas, please feel free to share!

Thanks for your help and ideas! Smiley heart

8 Comments

Latest activity by Krystal, on August 10, 2018 at 11:27
  • Krystal
    Curious August 2018 British Columbia
    Krystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided that if someone wants to see us kiss then they have to act out a scenario as me and my fiance, which we've wrote down a bunch and they pick from a hat. We thought it would be pretty funny.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A wedding I MC'd last year. they did a "mimic the kiss"
    so you went up with your partner and did a dramatic kiss of some sort (as the MC I made my FH demonstrate and he dipped me and we kissed) and the couple had to copy. its quite hilarious what people will come up with.

my FH wants a small putting green. and they need to get a hole in one (hes a HUGE golfer).

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re having a little jar oh Hershey kisses on the table, they come up and pick one - each one has either an X or O on the bottom. X means we kiss, O means whoever came up has to kiss someone!

You could have a bell in front of you and the groom that they have to ring (good thing about a bell is that if you’re getting sick of it you can hide it 😂)

Put a little jar with trivia questions about you and the groom - they have to answer it correctly for you to kiss!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of the weddings I’ve been to lately the kissing game has rarely been played. The one wedding out of five in the past two years that had a successful kissing game was one person threw a gummy bear and the second person had to catch it in their mouth.

We did the copy game; two people would demonstrate a kiss and we had to copy it. My friend did it at her wedding as well, both times only two couple participated. Another wedding had a dice, no one rolled it. The other one had a bowling game and only a few people played. All of these weddings were from different areas of our lives so the guests attending were completely different crowds. So, while it’s nice to have, I don’t think it’s something you need to worry about too much!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the idea of having a giant Dice on the dance floor! 6 sides to the die, some when rolled the couple would kiss and some sides were other things! (Do a little dance, you have to give one of the bridesmaids/groomsmen a pack, etc)
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've seen Kissing Menus: which are pretty cute, and get your guests involved!

Kissing MenuNeed Suggestions for the "kissing Game"! 1

Also I've seen a "kissing jar". It works out pretty good. The bigger the contribution, the better the kiss! Haha.

Kissing JarNeed Suggestions for the "kissing Game"! 2

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friends made a wheel that you had to spin to get the couples to kiss. Every other option was the couple kisses and the others included: Copy Cat (so you had to demonstrate the kiss you wanted them to do), sing a love song (with or without help), and tell a memorable story of the couple. The wheel was a big hit!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

1. Have to sing a song with love in it

2. Have to share a fond/embarrassing memory

3. Have the guests guess correctly about things in regards to you and your fiance

here are some other discussions that have already been made that are about kissing games for the wedding: Kissing game idea, Get the couple to kiss games, Clinking glasses or kissing games

I too, am also open to other ideas though!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics