Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Diana
Beginner September 2017 Ontario

Need help! too many venues in toronto :(

Diana, on March 7, 2017 at 20:41 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Looking for some advice please.

We are having about 150 guests at our wedding this fall. Half are coming in from out of town so we want to have both ceremony and reception at one venue downtown Toronto close-ish/easy-ish to get to from hotels. I refuse to pay landmark fees simply because it's a waste of money! And, ideally, we'd bring our own alcohol.

Did anyone have any amazing experiences at a venue that would accommodate that amount of guests without going into debt for one night? I have looked at hotels, restaurants, and all the other recommended venues. A few seem great, but I wonder if I've missed any...

Your advice is appreciated!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Nicky, on December 4, 2018 at 07:06
  • N
    Ontario
    Nicky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Another good option is to rent a musician or a photographer or both. I think it's always a good idea to make your wedding held by a pro. https://bstars.eu/ for example is an agency which makes perfect celebrations with leisures, technical support and even in almost every place in Europe.

• A
    Newbie February 2019 Ontario
    Angela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't know if this is still applicable to you but I totally agree. I'm planning my wedding right now and it's crazy because I feel like I'm a) behind on booking a venue, b) hard to find ways to be cost efficient when venues have so many financial requirements to booking.

My sister just had a fall wedding at Artscape Gibratlar Point on Toronto Islands which was amazing. She had around the same amount of guests and all the out of towners stayed at one of the hotels on Queens Quay. I felt like they really cared about my sister and her fiancé's needs and wants for their big day.

• Lynz
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Lynz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im getting married at Balzacs cafe... it is too small for your numbers...max 100 i believe...or i would have mentioned it to you..... those are nice but the most expensive in the district i almost went with Archeo... then i did some exploring and found new ones...have you tried the loft...its above the boiler room..or landry art gallery? I completely understand about the fees...any money us brides and grooms can save im all for it but for me this was area and venue were important so i trimmed our numbers...i say stick with that makes you comfortable.... so glad to hear the other suggestions are working out as well...i would love to hear where you choose when your done if you want!!
  • Diana
    Diana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks so much, Lynz. Where in the distillery district are you getting married? Archeo or Fermenting? Very good to know that, even with the landmark fee, it was still more affordable. I just feel like it's such a waste of money - even though I understand why venues do that.

I love Berkley Fieldhouse and am chatting with the Yacht Club as well. Great suggestions, thank you!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Diana! Welcome to our group! Smiley heart There are definitely a lot of venues to look at in the area! You can filter by type that you like in here: Wedding Venues Toronto What type of venue did you prefer so far?

Have you also considered these options? 9 unique venue ideas

Let us know how it goes! I can't wait to see what type of venue you'll prefer! Smiley smile

• Lynz
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Lynz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you tried any of the berkley venues dowtown..like the airship 37 or berkley church or bicycle club?
    Also i know your specific and adament on no landmark fees...but im getting married in the distillery district and its still cheaper for me to pay that while bringing in my own food and drink...but i can understand wanting to save that fee.
    Im not sure what your budget is either but i also looked at the royal yatch club for a water location...was more reasonable than thought....or graydon hall but none of these allow for own Alcohol so now i guess not helpful in that regard.
    Have you tried to contact any resturants for buy outs....i thought it would be over priced but since it has all rentals staff food and drink in one and most allow for on site ceremonies it works out well.
    Anyways hope i helped a tad! Best of luck in your search.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ha funny! That's why we chose it for us. We have over 100 guests from the Montreal area and we loved it because it was in-between 2 hotels and super convenient for guests! My friend got married at Palais Royal in Toronto and she said it was amazing! Have you checked that venue at all? I don't think they'll let you bring your own alcohol though .
  • Diana
    Diana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's a bit too far for our out-of-towners but thank you for the suggestion!

• Diana
    Diana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It looks stunning and thank you for the reco. But we'd like to stay downtown so that we don't inconvenience our out-of-towners and don't love the idea of buses.

• Jessica
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ahh! Are you willing to check out kortright? It's out in Vaughn.. it was abit pricey but my god was it beautiful.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oakville Convention Centre, but they don't let you bring in your own alcohol though. Beautiful venue and price is reasonable too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics