Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melanie
Curious August 2022 Alberta

Need help planning a timeline

Melanie, on January 11, 2021 at 20:49 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
In need of some help/advice on planning a timeline for a 4pm ceremony start, with no first look! And preferably a reception that will start between 5:30pm-6:00pm. Anything and everything helps! TIA Smiley smile

5 Comments

Latest activity by Amelia, on January 12, 2021 at 18:37
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When I booked hair and makeup appointments they had clear start and end times that really helped me figure out our timeline. I would ask your makeup and hair stylists how long they expect your appointment will take, and whether they have enough people to be doing everyone's hair and makeup simultaneously so you'll all finish around the same time. My biggest issue with hair and makeup was that people could only be in the salon during their appointment due to covid, so we ended up going in shifts.
    Like Vinod said, make an hour by hour (or half hour) breakdown of the day and plunk things into it to see how it looks. If you know the ceremony is at 4, you'll need to figure out how much travel time you need and if you want photos of the wedding party before the ceremony or after so you can budget the time.

My timeline was: 10 Access to Hotel (drop off dresses etc)12 Bridesmaid Hair (2 people)1 Bridesmaids Hair (2 people)1 My Hair1 Bridesmaid Makeup (not all of them wanted this)2 My Makeup3-330 return travel to hotel4 Photographer arrives4-430 Getting ready photos430-5 First Look 5-515 Travel to ceremony515-545 group photos, family photos545-6 Ceremony6-7 Remaining group shots, newlywed photosAfter photos - head to mom and dad's for reception
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Creating a time frame sheet of every hour so you can make get an idea of how long you need to get done for hair/make up, getting ready, ceremony, pictures beforehand and after the ceremony, reception entrance, first dance, father/daughter dance, son/mother dance, cake cutting and speeches. I would consider the starting to ending time your vendors have been told.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is my fiance and I's timeline for our upcoming wedding crossing our fingers it stays the same!

Ceremony 330pm

Cocktail Hour 5pm

Reception to start at 6pm with dinner at 615pm

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm planning on doing a first look and want a 4pm ceremony. I found this timeline on pintrest and am just going to adjust it slightly based on my needs but thought it was a very good starting point.Need help planning a timeline 1

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

3:30pm, guests arrive and be seated at ceremony

4:00pm - 5:00pm, ceremony begins (I'm giving you an hour in case of delays, which always happen at weddings)

5:00pm - 6:00pm, cocktail hour, you take photos with your husband and wedding party

6:00pm, grand entrance into reception, followed by dance, and intros by MC

The rest will depend on how many speeches you're doing, the type of dinner, the activities/games you have planned. Usually the dance portion begins around 9:00pm.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics