Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shawna
Curious October 2017 British Columbia

Need help i think?!?

Shawna, on August 2, 2017 at 20:06 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
I am having the hardest time deciding on the deco for my wedding in two months and I think I might need some advice or something to help me out. I am going in every direction, and no certain plan. I want a country styleish theme, well elegant mixed with redneck actually. I know my colours already and they are black and green (John Deere). I have made a few things already for this thing and not sure whatelse to do. I have the ring box and the card box plus made some picture franes and thank you for coming note but not sure how all this crap is going to tie into each other, and I don't want to have a wedding like everyone else. Which it is going that way. Please help

9 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 14:47
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Backdrop and hurrican lamp for the head table.

Need help i think?!? 1

Need help i think?!? 2
  • Shawna
    Curious October 2017 British Columbia
    Shawna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you everyone for the responses. So my venue is on a friends property outside with a small yet medium size green house. I am not big on flowers or anything like that so that is out. I am not over girly so hard to picture girly crap all over lol. Hay bales is such a great idea and I was going to use that my a few people are allergic to hay. One being my future husband and the other is my sister/maid of honor. So that sucks. I am going to have a crap load of mason jara with bullet casings and nuts and blots in them on the tables. I want string lights for other mason jars....... wait I guess I am good on my decor I know what I need I guess I just need to get it all. So here is my other question would it look bad to have random decorations mixed in together like picture frames and etched glass sayings and crap ?
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just picked one thing at a time and tried to match it to what we already had... Our venue is very neutral so I picked our invitations and everything else matches stylewise.
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My suggestion: Envision the ceremony and reception spaces. Place the existing things you have in those spaces. Then, fill the rest of the space in your mind. What do you see? What are you excited about? Then, make that happen!

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely check out pinterest - I just searched John Deere wedding theme and so many idea's came up!

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pintrest was my best friend. I grew up on a farm and my parents still have one so our wedding will have some country elements to it. Hay Bales to sit on for the ceremony but instead of sitting directly on them there potentially will be a board across them. Since your getting married in October possibly some pumpkins. Table decorations burlap table runners, mason jars with baby's breath. You can utilize wood cut in different lengths. Hay bales as décor. Barn wood signs or pallets. Lots of ideas.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The card box could sit on a small table with the "Thank you for coming" sign above it or pinned to the tablecloth. Would you consider ivory table cloths with black napkins (elegant) and centrepieces made of apple juice or tomato juice cans, spray painted ivory with lots of greenery in them. Since you're getting married in October, maybe put some cattails in the greenery and some fall leaves. Place the centrepieces on a black felt piece (felt is available at Dollar stores). Does this help any?

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First, what does your venue look like, do you have pictures?

Second, let's decide on a list of what you need - it sounds like you already have a lot, so you may be closer than you think to being done.

This gallery of rustic designs might spark your creativity, do you like any of these pictures? https://www.weddingwire.ca/wedding-ideas/rustic-wedding-decor-ideas--c408

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Where is the wedding? Is it outdoors or in a venue? What aspects of decor are you wondering about? There's a lot of cute things on pinterest.

Mason jars with baby's breath is a cute look for centrepieces and would go and you might be able to pick from someone's yard. My cousin had a similar theme last year. Guests sat on hay bales for the ceremony (but they have farms in the family). They gave away john deere tractor cookies as favours. You could add toy tractors to the centrepieces as well.

John deere rice krispie cake

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics