Starting to plan wedding for 100 guests or so budget friendly any ideas

10 Comments

Latest activity by Kaci, on May 20, 2017 at 22:25
  • Kaci
    Newbie September 2017 Ontario
    Kaci ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm planning a wedding in Stoney Creek from afar (Ohio!) so would love recommendations for vendors. We're thinking of having our ceremony and reception at Liuna Gardens so would need a cake (or dessert) vendor recommendation, florist (or other ideas--Costco?) and any other vendor recommendations you have! Thanks so much!

• Jessica
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's not up the the guests! If you want to do it because of sentimental reasons, go for it! It's your day and it's what makes you happy Smiley smile
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Haha we both almost booked with marquis! And I agree, we looked at carmens... and it wasn't that nice even as a venue. Marquis is the competition! The prices were great too. (I'm happy to see the food is great at club Roma!)
  • M
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Marcie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have so many ideas going thru my head as to what to do.. I did like the idea of Carnes c hotel because it includes everything including hotel suite for the night... fiance doesn't like the idea says u r paying for a name
    We are a pretty laid back couole..
    I wanted to figure a way to pay honor to my grando aren't at our wedding and someone suggested having the wedding and or reception at a local legion (the legion was my grandparents life) I am just not sure if a legion reception would work
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Legion will definitely be a more laid back feel, and you will have to put alot into decor, as most legion halls are pretty dated. Well that's what I found, when I looked into legions. Sometimes they don't end up being cheaper because you have to do alot of work yourself, where alot of facilities already provide those extra services included in your price. But the fact that you would be honouring your grandfather there is pretty special! Let us know what you decide!!!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Marcie! Welcome to the community! Smiley heart You already got great suggestions from other brides, so I will just add that you can also check out our directory to see your options: Wedding Venues Hamilton I think the legion would be a great option too, especially if it honours your grandpa! Smiley smile Maybe you could check out some decorations ideas to see how you could decorate for your wedding! Decorations with candles for your reception tables

How to use draping for your reception

Choose a decor for your venue

What style would you like to go for your wedding? Do you like modern options or prefer vintage style?

• M
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Marcie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want simple laid back feel open bar decent food don't need ordered want a candy bar late night ceremony and reception in one place would be awesome
    Somone suggested doing it a legion in honor of my grandfather I love the idea just not sure what guests would think
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When we were looking Marquis Gardens was our top choice for Hamilton. We didn't book there because the room was too small for 225 people. We did book our Engagement party with Marquis Gardens at the Waterfront Hotel. So we are super excited for that!!! Stay away from Carmen's. 4 people I know went to different weddings there this year and not one had a good thing to say about the food!!! Club Roma in St. Catharines as another bride mentioned is amazing! Their food is top notch there too!!!! Burlington Golf Club is very nice as well and they have great views and a pretty room! We booked with the Oakville Conference Center! Their quality is amazing! Room is beautiful and I live their terrace area with the gazebo so we can have our ceremony outside! Good luck! Let us know how you make out!
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey! What type of style of wedding are you looking for?
    Carmens has a lot of options, great prices.
    Marquis gardens (Ancaster location- Olympia room) - we ALMOST booked this one. The Hamilton location was nice too.
    Michelangelo
    Spice factory
    We choose club Roma in st Catherine's... 110 per person and it literally includes EVERYTHING. They give you a 700 voucher for DJ (based on there vendors) Includes o'dhurves, open bar(literally have everything where most places have domestic and typical bar rail), 3 course meal, late night buffet, 2 fun add ons... photobooth is one of the options, decor(rustic to elegant) Check out there website Smiley smile
    They have 3 unique and beautiful options for room selections.
    Enjoy!!!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Having an idea of your guest list is a good start. I would suggest looking at the vedors tab, and reach out to a few that look/ sound nice to you. Your wedding date is far enough away that many will still have great availability. Just gather information for now, and you and your fiance can decide if evening, brunch or somewhere in between suit you.

Set your budget to what you can realistically afford, and make use of the WW budget tool. It will help you determine how much you can spend on the most common items for your wedding. This part surprises a lot of couples in a bad way- but don't get frustrated. There are always things to do to make tings work, that is what we are here for!

If you can give us a little more idea of your vision and ideas- I'm SURE we can come up with more detailed advice!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics