Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Simone
Newbie November 2020 Yucatán

Need help -elopement Photography Miami

Simone, on December 22, 2019 at 19:43 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Hey folks!

My fiance and I have a destination wedding planned in Mexico Nov 2020. Due to financial situation, we have to cancel. We recently found some amazing websites that offer elopement packages; however, the photography isn't the greatest. We decided to put it all together ourselves with officiant, location and photography. Since we are in Canada, the exchange would add at least 30% to the budget to elope in USA.
We have message a few photographers in the South Florida area only to find out that a 2 hour session for elopement is USD $****+ ☹ with minimal amounts of photos. A 2 hour engagement photo session way less than this so I do find that they are price gouging just because they know it's a 'wedding'.
I need to find a reasonably priced photographer in the South Florida area ( fort Lauderdale or Miami).

12 Comments

Latest activity by Todd, on October 18, 2021 at 09:47
  • T
    Newbie October 2021 Washington
    Todd ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know this post was a log time ago but If you are someone looking for an Elopement Photographer you should check Benjamin Edward's Elopement Photography portfolio. He specializes in capturing elopement photos and his work will surely impress you.

• Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These are great!! Thank you so much!
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I found a couple that advertise as more affordable/ do courthouse elopements (there isn't the same pricetag inflation for courthouse weddings I've noticed). These might get you started:

https://www.weddingphotographybyliam.com
    http://tovaphotography.comhttps://www.mermaidbeachweddings.com/copy-of-packages-1

Good luck!

• Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a good idea. I haven't started looking at kijiji/creig's list in south Florida. I will certainly take a look.
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you looked on kijiji or craigslist? I found our photographer for our elopement on kijiji. He did it on the side and had another full time day job so his prices were way lower than a lot of photographers (we paid $200). You may find more reasonably priced options there.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The cost sounds insane for an elopement wedding of their services. Michael is a great help and may be service to you since he is what your looking for vendor wise.

You have mentioned what your budget is to the vendors in the states and they won't budge at all to lower their costs. Student photographers may be helpful to look into as they can work in your budget and get their portfolio started this way. Think about this solution and see if it works towards your way.

• Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have done that. I was very specific about what I can pay, the fact I'm working in Canadian dollars hence the tight budget, time I need and the amount of photos I wanted. I mirrored what an engagement shoot which should cost less than $800 USD and some ot these photographers want to charge $2000 just because it's an elopement.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Try googling some photographers in the area you want to get married in. you can make your own packages so tell them ur looking for x amount of photos and want them for x time

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would check out WW american site. They will have vendors in the Florida area.

• Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, we want the photographer at the wedding. We will have immediate family with us and it would be great to capture the moment. His parents live in Florida which is why we want to take the opportunity to do it there. We also want to keep the Nov wedding date.
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Simone,

Have you thought of having the elopement photos taken in Canada before the wedding.

Or are you looking to have a photographer for the wedding?

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Simone.
    You could try the American site and see if you can find any vendors that way aside from google.
    There’s colleges in south Florida that I’m sure have a photography department, you could hire a professional or upper year student looking to build on their portfolio. That would guarantee a lower price.With the exchange, would it be cheaper to find one here and have them travel?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics