Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jordyn
Curious July 2023 Manitoba

Need fit & flare dress advice please !

Jordyn, on June 6, 2023 at 11:06 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 7
I have an outdoor wedding venue here in Canada, and it has been up to the mid 30° weather ! It’s been gorgeous but I’m a little nervous about my dress. It’s a fit and flare and it is not super breathable and it has a thicker train ! Is there anything I can do to prevent overheating or having rashes on my thighs from the heat ?
Thanks ladies ! 🤍

7 Comments

Latest activity by Wetuevaea, on June 11, 2023 at 18:59
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have used cornstarch for excess sweating for years! Works like a charm and has no scent or talc like baby powders..

• Shui
    Newbie September 2023 Ontario
    Shui ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Fashion or function?

Just power through. You got this. Deodorant on the thighs. Bridesmaids/groomsmen holding handkerchiefs, paper or electric fan, and make up kit in case you sweat. Your man, family, and friends all hyping you up on the big day. Nothing else matters.
    Umbrella for shade like someone suggested would be a great idea.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Disposable ice pack, the ones you pop and freeze automatically, pop one when you need it, even if it's for a few minutes. They have shafting cream, or silicone lube, deodorant sticks will all work.

Also help sweat, baby powder.

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is gonna sound so ridiculous but any silicone based lube rub it on the inside of your thighs and it will stop the chief. It is life-saving and where it’s silicone based and not water-based it last a little bit longer. Just make sure you keep it with you through the day to reapply as needed. That is my saving grace because I have large thighs, and it is the only thing that keeps me from wanting to rip my legs apart in the summer
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about a cute mini fan, could at least help give a little cool down (I feel like could also help keep make up!). Also breathable undergarments!

Need fit & flare dress advice please ! 1

• Jackie
    Featured September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a heavy fitted dress with a long train for my outdoor Sept wedding. I am going to be carrying a pretty, lacey white umbrella for shade if it is particularly hot that day.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a fit and flare dress and on my wedding day last summer it was 37 degress! I had alot of layers and my train was a decent size

To be honest I didn't have an issues with over heating you are so caught up in the moment that you forget how hot it is outside!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics