Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tarra
Beginner August 2020 Ontario

Need dress advice

Tarra, on February 16, 2020 at 23:32 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 7
Hi everyone! I bought a simple wedding dress because I’m hoping to get a belt made from saree fabric added (I’m Indian). I wanted something modern, elegant and simple- I’m not a glitz and glam type of girl. After stewing on things for a bit, I am sort of regretting not getting something with a bit of lace at the top, and I’m second guessing my choice to keep things simple. I know I want the belt, which will probably be red and gold, but do you think it’s still possible to get lace added during alterations? If so, where do you think I should get it added? Thank you in advance! Need dress advice 1

7 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on February 18, 2020 at 17:00
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would call a seamstress and ask them if they can do a lace top or add some lace im sure they can! they can also give you suggestions!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree about waiting to see it with the belt - but with that being said, I think it would be somewhat easy to add some lace trim on top as well as lace straps?

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the dress is beautiful! I agree with the others, I would wait until you've added the saree fabric to see how you feel about it.

Then I would ask a seamstress about how to go about adding to the dress. Plus you could always do a more over the top veil to add some texture to the whole thing.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would wait also till after you get your belt done. Could you try your dress with a shrug or bolero that you can take off? Your dress is beautiful.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Omg I loooove your dress! How soon are you having your belt made? If it were me, I'd wait to see how it looks once the belt is on and then go from there. It might jazz it up enough that it puts your mind at ease about adding anything else. Otherwise, (and take this with a grain of salt since I'm really no expert here) maaaaaaybe a seamstress could do a lace overlay over the whole bodice?

• Carly
    Frequent user May 2022 British Columbia
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Need dress advice 2
    Need dress advice 3
    Here’s what I mean

• Carly
    Frequent user May 2022 British Columbia
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In regards to trying to give it something more, instead of adding lace you can wear a statement necklace. Your dress is beautiful, so this could add to it without literally adding to it. If you google search “statement necklace with wedding dress” you can find lots of examples such as the following Smiley smile adding lace would be beautiful as well, but I’m not a seamstress do I wouldn’t know where to add it... maybe trim

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics