Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner October 2022 Ontario

Necklace or no necklace

Natalie, on March 29, 2022 at 15:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 15
I was considering wearing earrings and a necklace - I usually only wear dainty jewelry. Not sure if I should stick with wearing a necklace or just do earrings.. help! Here is a picture of my dress! What would you recommend?Necklace or no necklace 1

15 Comments

Latest activity by Derek, on July 27, 2022 at 00:07
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancee is wearing a freshwater pearl necklace I gave her, and is planning to get some matching earrings for it. The pieces you want to use would go beautifully with that dress!
  • Eryn
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Eryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that would look so beautiful! Definitely some really good choices there!

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes that’s beautiful!!!! 😍😍 that would go so nicely with your dress and not take away from your beauty, just adds to it! 🥰
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No I don’t think so at all ! As long as it’s dainty than I think it will look really nice especially with your hair up! And pearls are always a timeless classic! Can’t go wrong!
  • N
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Necklace or no necklace 2
    Necklace or no necklace 3
    These were the pieces I was going to wear!

• Eryn
    Eryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I definitely don't think that would be too much! Since you're going dainty it's not going to "fight for attention" visually. I think it would look really pretty - even if you wear your veil all day (which some brides do) I think it would still work out perfectly!

• N
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I unfortunately am undecided if I want to wear a veil or not.. I am going to wear my hair in an updo
    And I was leaning more towards wearing a dainty necklace and stud pearl earrings.. but with the veil would that be too much?
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think just do earrings! But it depends on all your other accessories too and your hair!
    Let your dress be the star of the show! Just my opinion lol
    I think if your going to have a hair piece and veil then simple stud earrings no necklace but if your having simple hair no accessories then add some dangle earrings and very very dainty necklace. In my opinion you don’t want to take away from your dress, if your having necklace, earrings hair accessories/veil too it’s just too much going on and it takes away from your face and the dress How are you having your hair?
    Just for example I’m having a bit of a dangle earring with my hair down hair tucked behind my ears and cathedral veil no necklace no bracelet. The way I figured this out is by going on Instagram, going to the designer of my dresses page, going to there tagged photos and looking at brides who have similar dress to I have and looking at all their accessories from jewelry to hair and seeing what I liked best. I will take my veil and earrings with me on my hair trial day to be sure!
  • Yesenia
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Yesenia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think both would look good!
  • Eryn
    Eryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So actually I think I found your dress with a necklace?? Or at least really close to. You could really go either way with a square neckline - just a nice set of earrings and no necklace could work to make the focus more on your head/face and neckline of the dress itself. Alternately, you could go with a dainty necklace that's higher up (collarbone length) to accentuate the neckline of your dress without overpowering anything and just have something small in the space to draw enough attention or even go big and bold to "fill" the neckline with a bib necklace/choker since it's not your usual "sweetheart" or V-shaped neckline so it'll really draw out the dramatics of it! It's all up to your own personal flavor.

No necklace/dainty = more subdued "clean" look, bib necklace/choker = dramatic glam.

Necklace or no necklace 4

Necklace or no necklace 5

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think a dainty necklace will look very nice with your dress!
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you could get away with both with that dress. I agree with Carmel, go with a shorter chain, so it sits right at your throat.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would do a simple necklace - dainty as you like! Either a 16-18" or a lariat/y shape.
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say no necklace with the square neckline, but I think it would look good with one as well. Can you find jewelry that is returnable? Then take it with you when go for your first fitting? You can decide then if you like it.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would do both! A necklace would go perfectly together with that neckline.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics