Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Deanna
Beginner June 2022 Ontario

Necklace: Chunky or dainty?

Deanna, on February 27, 2021 at 16:44 Posted in Wedding fashion 1 12

Hello,

So I had my first dress fitting/alteration appointment this week and realized I need to get moving on jewelry. My dress is an A-line, V-neck with ivory leaf lace and a sparkly moscato skirt. I am confused about what jewelry I should wear that would complement my dress. On a day to day basis I wear a dainty necklace with a simple pair of earrings and that's it. My metal of choice is rose gold (my engagement ring and wedding band are rose gold) and I love designs inspired by nature (twists, leaves). None of my friends or family have any rose gold jewelry that I could borrow so I will probably have to purchase something. What I am confused about is that I want the dress to be the fanciest part of my ensemble. I don't want to look 'overdone' with more jewelry stacked on as the vibe of the day is soft, romantic, and laid back. Picture attached so that I can get some outside opinions. Thanks!

Necklace: Chunky or dainty? 1

12 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on March 6, 2021 at 08:52
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Necklace: Chunky or dainty? 2
    I'm borrowing all my jewelry from my mom. It is all on the smaller side I wouldn't say chunky but it will sparkle like crazy... I'm all about the sparkle but definitely want more focus on me than jewelry and outfit. Find something that you feel pretty in that compliments your style. Good luck.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think dainty is more timeless personally. Maybe a touch larger than what you usually wear, but not anything defined as "statement".

I also wore the Olive & Piper bracelet that Olivia posted, with pearl necklace borrowed from my husband's grandmother (a wedding gift from her late husband, so old and borrowed). Olive & Piper and Etsy were my go tos!
  • Deanna
    Deanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for your input!
  • Deanna
    Deanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes it is Essence of Australia! Thank you for your input!
  • Deanna
    Deanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree. Thanks for your input! I appreciate it.
  • Deanna
    Deanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha dress twins! Oh man you look gorgeous in yours! I do love your jewelry and will probably go with something similar. Thank you!
  • Deanna
    Deanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will definitely check out le chateau! Thank you!
  • Olivia
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dress twins!!! Here’s what I’m wearing with it. I think they look really nice together and complement the dress really well. I definitely would not suggest a necklace, I think that would be an overkill and take away from the dress. Necklace: Chunky or dainty? 3
    Necklace: Chunky or dainty? 4

Necklace: Chunky or dainty? 5

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go with something simple with a bit of sparkle just to give it a bit of a pop but not so much that it takes away from your dress

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    First of all, love this dress! I couldn't wait to try it on (Essence of Australia?). Because of all the beautiful details I would definitely say dainty. You want the attention to be on you and not your accessories either. I agree with a y-necklace like shown in the previous post or a lariat! I had my backdrop necklace custom made by an amazing designer in Ottawa - https://sarahwalshbridal.ca/
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you normally wear simple jewelry, I would keep it simple for you wedding day. If you have a le chateau near by, I would check there. Mine had rose gold stuff. I didn't go with rose gold but I got all my wedding jewelry for less than $40 including 2 pairs of earrings and 2 bracelets.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I rarely wear jewellery and am not a big fan of chunkier pieces or typical wedding style jewellery so I opted for simple. My dress was a similar style to yours - A line and deep V and I wore a simple lariat style necklace and basic studs both in gold. I had my hair down so you couldn't really see the earrings. If you're planning to wear your hair up you could always go with something a little bit more interesting. I got mine from Lover's Tempo which is a brand based out of Vancouver.

Necklace: Chunky or dainty? 6

Necklace: Chunky or dainty? 7

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics