Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie September 2019 Ontario

Name etiquette

Jenna, on October 17, 2018 at 16:26 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
Hi everyone!

When creating personalized things for the wedding eg. Stamps, monogram, etc. Which name should come first bride or groom?? I'm just curious

Thanks in advance

6 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on October 18, 2018 at 11:25
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Traditionally, the Bride's name does go first and then the Groom's but you can do what fits you guys.

For us, usually people say Kane and Alli but if they use my full name it goes to Allison and Kane (whatever sounds better).

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! True. There are some exceptions. I didn't have any titles so mine was all or nothing Smiley xd
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This- except for the last part. If they have a title like Dr or a military title regardless of gender they go first!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Brittany in the sense that traditionally it would be the bride first - but it really is up to you.

For me and my fiance we will be putting my name first on the save the dates because it sounds better. That's literally the only reason why. And yet for our social we are putting Kael and Tori's Wedding Social.

As well we are including middle names as he is moving his mothers maiden name to be one of his middle names so we wanted to include both of ours so it looks better too.

(Tori Anne Kamfoly & Kael Daniel Cameron Gates Doll)

• J
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks girl! This does help 😁
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Traditionally, it's the bride's. I believe in "old school" invitations/ & announcements it used to be like "Such and such parents present BRIDE to be married to GROOM"... as usually the parents are doing the inviting, and paying...

Nowadays it can be whatever you want... I went with my name first... even though our initials are then "B & J" (everyone giggled and told me to put his initial first: J & B... but I'm traditional so I just kept it bride/groom)

When doing your invitation addresses, it should always be the male guests name first (even if it's your female cousin and her husband, it would still be John & Jane Smith).

Hope that helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics