Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Allison
Master October 2019 Ontario

Myregistry.com

Allison, on February 28, 2018 at 13:17 Posted in Before the wedding 0 18

Has anyone used MyRegistry.com? Was thinking about using it since you can add from any store. I'm finding it hard to find good Canadian registries because where we live we don't have The Bay or Bed, Bath and Beyond and those seem like two of the major ones in Canada. Is MyRegistry a good option for Canadians or is it more for the US?

18 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on March 13, 2018 at 15:36
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

As far as I know, guests are supposed to update it as they go. So someone goes to the registry and clicks on a gift. The site redirects them to the store's website and then they buy it from the store. Then after the buy it on the site, they are supposed to be redirected back to the registry to mark the gift as purchased.

This may cause some confusion for people, so I'm telling them to let me know what they buy off the registry then I can go and mark it myself if they haven't done so.

I made an account so far, but I haven't added anything/shared with people yet, we'll see how it goes!

• Nicole
    Newbie September 2018 Prince Edward Island
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Does the website track what was purchased and update it?

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's definitely something to think about, not everyone is computer savvy.

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am loving it! Just also using Bed, bath and beyond as a lot of older family do not use computers or have internet. I have found with Bed, bath and beyond that they are similar priced to Canadian Tire and I believe they will price match and they are cheaper than The Bay.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Birdes helping other brides is the best!
  • Jessica
    Newbie December 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes and everyone seems so nice and helpful!! Lol. Yay for fun wedding things Smiley love

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, FH and I have different tastes too, so using a universal registry sounds really convenient! WW is the best, I feel like I'd be lost without it lol

• Jessica
    Newbie December 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow they sound really convenient! We're just starting to think of registry things too. My fiance and I have a lot of different taste so it's nice to know we can make a conglomerate of all things. Glad I joined WW lol, I'm finding some amazing tips already!!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No problem! I just heard of it earlier this week myself
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s awesome! Will probably end up using the site, thanks Jenn!
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Looks like a great site, hadn't heard of it before now. Thanks for the heads up!

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love that you can add products from any website. You can also add stuff from in stores by taking a picture and adding the product info yourself.

You also get messages anytime someone purchases something off your registry. The purchaser can add their info in as well so it makes it easy to track gifts for thank you notes.
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I like how you can have stuff from multiple stores under one registry! Definitely considering it
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was checking it out further, and it seems like a great option!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awesome, glad you are loving it! It seems really personalised since you can add whatever you want, I wanted to do amazon but only the US version had a registry set up so glad you are able to add from the Canadian site!

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were using it!! And we love it! Basically just add links to the items you want to add to your registry. It's not more Canadian or more US as your adding your own links.

We've added a ton of links from amazon.ca as the same items we found in stores are cheaper through them.

Definitely recommend it!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were going to use it but decided to just go to a store to do it. I think it's a good option for Canadians.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've always heard amazing things about this site! Haven't personally used it but definitely going to look into too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics