Stefanie
Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan

Myregistry Cash Fund

Stefanie, on July 5, 2021 at 12:19 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 3
Saved
Has anyone used or using my registry cash fund? I am considering using it for home renovations or honeymoon fund. We've lived together for years and have two kids so there are only a few things we need for upgrades so I thought this may be a option.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Carmel, on July 5, 2021 at 19:02
  • Carmel
    Featured March 2021 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    We used MyRegistry for some upgrades (have owned and lived in our house for 4 years now) and for those that we knew wouldn't give cash and then may go rogue on a gift.... But we also included a little picture as one gift that directed them to give cash towards our honeymoon, through our travel agent. The majority just gave us a cheque or cash so it worked out. So that could be an option! The fun from MyRegistry will take a cut.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute

If you're expecting cash gifts or your guests are the types to give cash, just accept it physically at the wedding. Why give money unnecessarily to a third party handler? They tend to take a cut off your total while charging users a service fee to send you a cash gift.

• Vinod
    Featured August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod Online ·
    • Dispute
    I haven't heard of that site. We did direct as family and friends went to sign the guest book and put the card into the cash box. I did find it easier that way to collect all the envelopes/cards at the end of the night and put with our personal things to take home. You can place a Thank you Card for guests at each seating and appreciate their gifts as honeymoon fund.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles