Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alex
Beginner August 2017 Manitoba

My wedding vendors

Alex, on March 17, 2017 at 10:25 Posted in Manitoba 0 1

My fiancé and I have been busy planning and interviewing vendors, especially since we're getting married in less than 6 months! The first wedding vendor we booked is our wedding venue, St Charles Country Club, in Winnipeg. It is seriously the most gorgeous venue we've seen. We've always envisioned a summer outdoor wedding for us surrounded by trees and grass and deer and close friends and family, so we felt that this venue was perfect for us. We've also recently done our tasting and the food is seriously well done! Their chef is amazing! The next vendor we booked is our wedding photographer. We spent the longest time interviewing photographers because we felt that having great photos from our wedding was one of the most important aspects that we needed to invest in. We ended up picking Nghia Tran Photography and we are happy with our choice. We felt that he offered the most bang for our buck and his portfolio showed gorgeous, timeless pieces that we want for our wedding photos. The third vendor we booked was our wedding videographer. Just like our photos, a wedding video was also one of the most important aspects that we wanted to invest on, because it will be a wonderful keepsake of our wedding that we can pass on to our kids as well! Wedding Wire was incredibly helpful in helping us find Mindscape Studios, which we ended up booking for our wedding. This couple is seriously amazing and creative, and if you check out their website, you'll know what I'm talking about! Next, we moved on to booking our florist. As a couple, we decided that we needed our florist to be budget-friendly. We still wanted to hire someone who had lots of experience but without having to pay an arm and a leg to do so. We ended up booking with Winnipeg Couture Flowers. The owner, Tanya, is so creative and amazing! She was willing to work with my budget (even though I had to keep lowering my budget) and still manage to have the prettiest arrangements for our wedding flowers. Finally, we went on to book our entertainment for the reception. I love dancing and great party music is very important for me. I found our DJ through a friend's wedding social, and to this day, I still remember how great a time my friends and I had dancing the night away with him being the DJ, so I am quite excited to have him for our reception!We are currently on the look out for a marriage commissioner to marry us. This has been a bit tricky to book. I am very specific about incorporating my culture's traditions into the ceremony and so I am having some difficulty finding the right person to marry us. Having said that, Wedding Wire has been incredibly helpful in keeping us on track! The budget tool has been good in keeping tabs of how much money we will be spending on various aspects of the wedding. Because of that tool, we were able to prioritize things that we were willing to spend more money on for the wedding. Wedding planning has been stressful, but it's still fun and Wedding Wire has made it easier. I don't think we would be where we're at in our stage of planning if not for the Wedding Wire App.

1 Comment

Latest activity by Emilie, on March 22, 2017 at 09:45
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Alex! This is amazing! I'm glad to hear that our app helped you! Your venue sounds absolutely gorgeous! Could we see some pictures? Smiley love You should join us in these discussions:

The venue and catering. Check?

What wedding rings did you choose?

What wedding dress did you choose?

I can't wait to hear more about your plans! Make sure to post some pictures! I can't wait to see them!! Smiley love

What design did you choose for your wedding cake? Smiley surprise

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics