Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michaela
Newbie October 2021 New Brunswick

My Wedding Dress Does Not Fit!

Michaela, on September 6, 2020 at 21:44 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 22
Hi everyone,

One year ago I bought my wedding dress. I was absolutely in love with the dress at the time of purchase and found myself frequently trying it on. Last week I brought my wedding dress to a seamstress as I have lost almost 30lbs. I was quoted 600$ for alterations as I had lost so much weight. To make things worse, the style of the dress would need to be changed and there was no guarantee the work could be completed as my wedding is not until 2021 now due to COVID.
One of my bridesmaids and I went to a sample sale today and I found a dress that was roughly the cost of my alterations. I showed my mom the dress and she was in love. I also liked the dress but find myself worried I made another quick decision as I continue to loose weight.
I bought my second dress today and plan to sell my first dress. Which dress do you believe looks best? Honest opinions are appreciated. First dress is the initial and second is the one I just bought. I thank you for all of your input. Smiley smile My Wedding Dress Does Not Fit! 1
My Wedding Dress Does Not Fit! 2

22 Comments

Latest activity by Stacey Tc, on October 26, 2021 at 15:14
  • Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Less than a month to go! Hope you're feeling good about things!

• Jamie
    Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like #2 best!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Don't worry about what other people think about your dress. It's your day and you can wear whatever you want!!

• Lindsay
    Frequent user June 2023 British Columbia
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mother in law to be is going to make my wedding dress for me Smiley smile so I don’t need to worry about alterations as much
  • R
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Rere ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dress # 2. Really pretty.
  • Jasmine
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Second dress looks very nice. do people say anything about showing too much skin? i have people saying that to me about my dress.

• Celine
    Frequent user October 2022 Quebec
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the second dress. It looks great on you. I’m sure it helps that the first one is now too big on you.
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First of all congratulations on your weight loss journey!! That’s amazing! I personally think the second dress is stunning on you.

• Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Dress number 2 is beautiful!!

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both look like lovely dresses, but I personally like the overall look/style of the first dress more. It's difficult to tell what the shape should look like though because it several sizes too big, as you mentioned. Is it a similar shape to the second dress?

Something that might be nice with the first dress is if you do go ahead with big alterations you can customize it a bit more. Either way I don't think you can go wrong though Smiley smile

• Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Dress #2 is my vote. It is beautiful.

• Marg
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Marg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Another vote for dress number 2! I think it is very flattering and in the picture you're standing like you know on the inside that this is your dress!

• Jess
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The second one is beautiful. You look great!
  • Marina
    Beginner October 2021 British Columbia
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The second one looks absolutely gorgeous, I think you made a good decision there.
  • Kevin
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Kevin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Second one for sure! Congrats on the weight loss journey!

• Cara
    Beginner September 2021 Alberta
    Cara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They’re both so pretty but the second one I just ~stunning~ and fits you so well by the looks of things!
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The second dress looks stunning on you and exudes more of a youthful romantic feeling. It’s such a special day; choose the one that you feel most excited to be in!
  • Tay
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Tay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the second dress!! How much more weight are you trying to loose before your wedding next year? You look stunning. I'm just concerned you'd have to buy another dress again if say you drop another 30+ pounds.
  • Michaela
    Newbie October 2021 New Brunswick
    Michaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi again! I went to House of Julie for my quote last week and she was amazing! At this point she told me that alterations could be done but certain features of my dress would need to be altered so the sleeves on my initial dress would change. She also asked that I continue to try on the dress and keep in contact with her. She told me that any dress could be taken in but the problem is the overall look of the dress may change. I absolutely loved her honesty and although my wedding is over a year out her input helped me make a decision. I will be going to her for future alterations for my new dress when the time comes! Smiley smile
  • Olivia
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the second one!!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just realized we're both from Saint John! Can I ask who your seamstress is? I'm using House of Julie (love her) and I've used Brenda McLeese for non wedding alterations.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the second one! It shows you off a little more, but since you've lost 30+ pounds I'm sure you want to show off a little!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally love the second one that you just bought! It is absolutely stunning on you and the detail is gorgeous!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics