Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amy F
Beginner September 2017 Ontario

My wedding dress dilemma!

Amy F, on March 11, 2017 at 23:07 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 7
I got the call that my dress was in!!! So exciting! My mother picked it up and surprised me today! I tried it on and it was big! I'm so worried about it now!! I haven't had any fittings yet so I know it can be altered but I was hoping it was going to fit me better! Doesn't help that I lost weight without even trying too Smiley sad

7 Comments

Latest activity by Emilie, on March 13, 2017 at 11:20
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Amy! Hahaha we can totally agree! Smiley xd I'm happy to see that everyone's comments made you feel better! How does your dress look like? We can't to see pictures! Smiley love

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So true, right now im stressing about what flowers I want for the table centrepieces lol. I know I still have loads of time but i'm freaking out about it lmao!

• Amy F
    Beginner September 2017 Ontario
    Amy F ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you ladies!! I feel a lot better Smiley smile it's so easy to let the little things stress me out! Can anyone else who's planning a wedding agree? Smiley tongue
  • Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Amy,
    I also agree with all of the others, at least you can get it taken in! Don't be worried, especially since you have not done any fittings yet. Talk to the seamstress and they will tell you that it's way better to have to take it in then let it out. Everything will work out and it will fit and be beautiful!!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with these ladies that your dress coming in too big is better than it coming in too small. Set up some fittings and see where things go from there.

• Stephanie
    Devoted June 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Agree with Chelsea, I would rather have something taken in, then try and lose weight and not be successful and be heart broken it didn't fit!
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

On the bright side at least it can be taken in! I would rather it come in and be too big then have the pressure of needing to lose weight to fit it in. My cousin ordered her dress 2 sizes smaller then she actually is and so she needs to lose weight still. You also could gain some weight and maybe the dress will then fit perfect and you wont need to get it taken in!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics