Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Curious September 2017 Alberta

My vendors in red deer

Ashley, on March 15, 2017 at 13:45 Posted in Alberta 0 8

Hello fellow Brides to be!

I am planning my wedding in Red Deer/Surrounding area. As I am trying to keep costs down, I have actually ended up doing quite a bit of research!

For venue, we wanted ceremony and reception in one spot with limited need to do setup/takedown and a hall in Penhold allowed for this. It was also really affordable and we get access the night before and the day after!

Vendors I have secured to date are:

Floral: Calyx Floral Design

I met with Travis at Calyx Floral and she was a pleasure to work with. She sat down with me and we created my dream bouquet (using some inspiration I found). She was open to giving me multiple quotes to fit within my budget as well as pricing out my dream. I am so excited to see the final product!

Photographer: Raelene Schulmeister Photography

Raelene has been such a pleasure to work with, she is flexible with payments and is willing to answer any questions you might have! She is also very down to earth which was an important factor for me when choosing a photographer Smiley smile

Food: HT Catering - http://www.htcatering.ca/

HT Catering has been a pleasure to work with so far as they are working with us to create a custom menu to fit our desire and our allocated budget!

I have also blocked off hotel rooms at the Hampton by Hilton at Gasoline Alley, they offered decent pricing for my guests and were very easy to deal with.

I am still working on securing a DJ - this has been my biggest challenge as we are simply looking for someone reliable to play music at the right time (ceremony, dinner, then a little bit of a dance portion). We expect most of our guests to visit rather than dance and therefore aren't looking for something really interactive. If you have any suggestions on DJs you are using in the Red Deer area (and pricing!) it would be greatly appreciated!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on October 4, 2017 at 16:16
  • A
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Update:

Penhold Memorial Hall - This venue was perfect for my 90 guest wedding. I set up my ceremony and reception the night before, all inside the hall! If anyone has questions, please let me know and I will be happy to share! While our original weekend booking was from 3pm Friday to 3pm Sunday, we were able to get into the hall at noon on Friday which was amazing!

Calyx Floral - I had Travis from Calyx create my bouquet as well as the boutonnieres for the groom and flowers truly amazing and Travis was awesome to work with. I was able to sit down with her to discuss my vision for my flowers and they turned out perfect!

Raelene Schulmeister - (Photography) From day 1 I have loved Raelene! She is super down to earth and easy going. After getting through the awkward engagement photos it was really easy to open up with her for our wedding day photos. She was able to direct people where they needed to be for photos and I am so excited to see them when they are done.

Barb Fenske (Officiant) - Barb is amazing! I booked her as soon as we had our wedding day planned and she was always available to help us through our wedding. For the ceremony she provides a ton of alternative wording for you to choose or customize and it truly made our ceremony feel like it was special to us. She even came out to the hall the night before for the dress rehearsal and had us run through the ceremony at least three times.

HT Catering - I had a special request - poutine bar with pulled pork and smoked brisket + Buns. And boy, did they ever deliver! They were prompt and on time, they came in, set up and the food was so delicious. My guests raved and raved about the food all night. As everyone finished eating, they promptly cleaned up the empty dishes from their tables and went on their way. If you are a meat lover like me, I highly recommend.

Prairie Bus Lines - We had bus transportation for our bridal party as well as the guests (to/from the venue) and the drivers were nothing short of amazing. They were prompt and got everyone to where they needed to be on time.

Gord's DJ - Simply put, I do not recommend this vendor. I will not go into further detail on a public forum but I figure other brides will appreciate the simplicity of my honest review.

• Myranda
    Newbie September 2018 Alberta
    Myranda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's so wonderful to hear! I booked them about 2 weeks ago because we heard great things about them but hearing from you as well is amazing! Thank you so much for letting me know!!
    Congratulations on your wedding! I hope it all went and that your day was perfect Smiley smile
  • A
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The verict is in! HT Catering was amazing! They were on time, and very professional. The food we had was amazing and all my guests raved all night about it. It was so nice to have them come in, set up, and then clean it all up. We also got to keep all the left over food! So be sure to have some containers and a cooler handy just in case!

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hope everything turned out well.

• Myranda
    Myranda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Perfect! Thank you soooo much! I seen that your getting married on the 30th.. I'm getting married on the 29th next year! I hope everything is absolutely amazing for you though!
  • A
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Myranda,

My wedding isn't until the end of September, but so far they have been a pleasure to deal with. I will post an update after the wedding (early October) Smiley smile

• Myranda
    Myranda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi,

I was wondering how everything with ht catering turned out? We were thinking of using them for our wedding next year

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Ashley! Nice to meet you!! Smiley heart That's amazing! Thanks so much for the suggestions!! You should meet the other soon-to-weds in Red Deer to exchange tips: My wedding vendors of red deer alberta

Couples getting married on 29/July/2017 in Alberta

Couples getting married on 19/November/2016 in Alberta

You can also take a look at the DJs in our directory: Wedding DJ Red Deer

What style of music are you looking for? Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics