Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Iola
Beginner November 2017 Alberta

My vendors in canmore

Iola, on March 15, 2017 at 18:05 Posted in Alberta 0 6

Hi everyone,

I hope all the planning is going well! I just wanted to share my experience with the vendors that we have decided to go with for our November wedding in Canmore. My fiance and I grew up here and still currently live here, what better place to get married than the mountains?

Anyway, we have booked Silvertip as our venue of choice for the event. In holds close to 250 ppl, though our guest list will be no more than 95 people which means that there will be lots of room! We decided to book off season because a. We'll be getting married on our 12 year anniversary and b. It's about a third of the price that you would get in the summertime, which is insane. I can't imagine spending so much for a venue. The food is amazing, we have always gone to Silvertip on date nights and food is probably one of the most important parts for my big Filipino family. We will be doing an outdoor ceremony overlooking the Three Sisters but in the event of bad weather, the backup space is included. We're so excited!

We got engaged back in November 2015 so suffice it to say I've had some time to plan! We decided to go with Studio Lumen in Calgary for our photographers. They are incredibly personable and very professional.

We have ordered our cake from Darci at Kake. She is a longtime Canmore local and does absolutely beautiful and crazy delicious cakes that rival prices in Calgary. She does have a small, intimate establishment. I would highly recommend!

As far as a dj goes we have hired a friend who has dj'd at bars in the Bow Valley in the past. It's nice to save a little bit of money where you can.

All decorations and wedding bands we pretty much bought secondhand through Facebook and on etsy.

Hope this helps you guys! Happy planning!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Kenneth, on February 25, 2019 at 16:46
  • Kenneth
    Newbie May 2020 Alberta
    Kenneth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Lola,

I know this might be late but congratulations! I did sent you a PM, just in case you still visit this site.

Cheers!

Ken

• Iola
    Iola ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We ordered 3 separate cakes, not tiered (one 6inch and two 7inch), minimally decorated. It'll be about $350. We're electing to pick up our cake but I think it's like $30-$60 delivery charge, I can't totally remember.
  • Teresa
    Newbie September 2017 Alberta
    Teresa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think I got a quote from Kake. What size and price is urs if u don't mind my asking. My 6"tier cake is 720 plus delivery thru cake creations
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's amazing Iola! I can't wait to see a picture of your dress! Smiley love A few people are doing the handfasting too, you should comment in Katherine's discussion: Scottish hand fasting I'm sure she'll like to hear what you're doing too. Smiley smile What do you have in mind for your ceremony decor? Lots of flowers?

• Iola
    Iola ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Emilie,

Barbara at Threshold Ceremonies will be designing our ceremony. My fiance and I have decided to keep the ceremony focused on us, our guests and our surroundings. The only tradition that we will keeping is the handfasting ceremony since it is both a part of Filipino and Scottish wedding traditions.

I just recently bought my wedding dress at a small boutique shop in Cochrane. It's blush with a horsehair trim. I was initially going to buy my wedding gown online, decided to go to a shop to figure out what silhouette I liked; fell in love with something that was completely off my radar!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Iola!! Wow! This is such a valuable info, thanks so much!!! Smiley love You have a Filipino family! That's so cool! Will you include any family tradition in your wedding? Smiley love You should join us in these discussions! I can't wait to see your pictures! The venue and catering. Check?

What wedding dress did you choose?

What wedding rings did you choose?

I also met two other brides from Canmore!

Janna - My vendor in canmore, ab

Zairra - My vendors in canmore

You can leave a message in their discussion or on their wall to get in touch Smiley smile Did you already get your wedding dress?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics