Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Expert August 2018 Ontario

My moh just got engaged!

Linzer, on December 25, 2016 at 15:13 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13
Just after me, her FH has been planning for months and silently cursed my fiancée and me for slipping in there first.
Has anyone had a member of their wedding party join the to be wed club during your wedding planning?
I'm so absurdly happy for them. They're planning a 2019 destination wedding (Thailand!) I can't help but factor that into my 2018 wedding and honeymoon plans and budget though! My honeymoon plan is a two week euro trip in September 2018.
Oh, and I'm MOH Smiley smile so I'll be beachside Thailand in 2019!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Brenda, on January 10, 2017 at 09:43
  • Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I started something hahaha. I announced our wedding and now my niece who's a BM and her brother my nephew just got engaged . Her on xmas and him 2 days ago. Excited for them!
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

i KNOW RIGHT ..... its crazy .... budget budget budget

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Technically they're still friends but they haven't hung out since our wedding. (not that we've really had time) He's been liking all our posts on FB but yeah didn't send us a card. (And we did get them a gift!) I won't be speaking to him until I get an apology.

I did have a set of friends from high school who got married 2 weeks before us and they still came to our wedding! It was so nice to have them there and they took it as an opportunity for a mini-moon since they're not going on their honeymoon until next year. I was so happy that we got to go to each other's weddings!

It wasn't bad having an uneven wedding party. (I'm not really traditional anyways.) We actually had 2 of my sisters stand on my husband's side for the ceremony and it was really nice. We liked it because it symbolized the blending of our families. They're really close with him and liked that they could actually see me during the ceremony! For the reception, we did a sweetheart table instead of a head table so it worked out.

Wedding Party

I like that things aren't as traditional anymore and that you can do groomswomen and bridesmen! How many people do you and your fiance have for your wedding party? Just the MOH and BM?

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ahahaha I'll happily be your get away driver if I can take a piece of the stake!
    Why is everything so Flippin expensive?!
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My little brother got engaged and both him and my fsil are in our wedding parties they are getting married July 2018 so less then a year after us .... I need to Rob a bank lol
  • Caitlin
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Caitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our friends just got married in September.
    Our other friends just got engaged in October.
    We just got engaged Dec.17th.

Neither of us are actually in the others bridal party (with the exception of one groomsman).
    But its kind of interesting that we've hit that point in our lives where all our friends are getting married Smiley tongue

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not sure but if I don't, I would give them a present regardless. Your welcome!Smiley smile
  • L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wouldn't have gone, that's so shitty! Are they still friends?
    How did it feel with a lopsided wedding party? I think my FH may just had his brother as his best man OR maybe his best friend as his best woman. 98% of his friends are women lol
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah he went to Fiji for 3 weeks instead of our wedding. I felt so bad for my husband but was proud of him that he still stood up at his friend's wedding. I didn't go.

He ended up with no groomsmen other than his brother who was the Best Man. I had 5 bridesmaids. And his brother missed his flight for the wedding and missed his bachelor party!

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh yuck what a shitty Groomsmen! That leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    My bridal party consists of her alone so it would be quite tragic if that happened to me! How big was your wedding party?
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Because we had such a long engagement, we did have quite a few friends that got engaged after us but married before us. Unfortunately my husband lost one of his groomsman because he got married a few weeks before us and decided to wait and go on his honeymoon right when our wedding was. (Even though our dates were set before they got engaged) My husband still stood up for him as one of his groomsmen but he didn't come to ours and still hasn't even sent us a wedding card!

I'm glad to hear that your situation is more amicable!

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow the night before? Are you going to go?
    And thanks! I'm sooo excited but she hasn't told everyone yet so I have to keep a lid on it to our friend group hehe
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats to your MOH. I have not had this happen like this. I have a friend that is gotten engaged a couple of weeks after I got engaged. We both just talk about our plans and plus I got invited to a wedding the night before my wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics