Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Newbie August 2017 Manitoba

My manitoba diy country wedding

Megan, on March 18, 2017 at 13:16 Posted in Manitoba 0 1

Since our guest list includes some 217 people, budget was really a huge factor in the decor and location of our wedding. Most vendors charge an arm and a leg to truck their services out to my neck of the woods, so we tried to choose vendors that were close to home (milage fees are killer).

My wedding 'inspo' is really a mishmash of garden party meets vintage meets rustic. When people ask me what my wedding colours are my reponse usual goes something like "uhhh....pink?". Truthfully, I don't really have one colour; more of a palet of pinks, mauves, golds, and greens.

I am fortunate to have grown up in the country on 83 acres of forest, 45 kms due East of Winnipeg. So naturally, our wedding will be held at my family home. The ceremony will be in the middle of our forest. My best friend's family has a farm, so they will be hooking us up with some straw bales for seating. We've rented our tent, tables, chairs, dance floor and lighting from Springfield Tent Rental, which is one RM away from mine so milage fees are minimum. We are getting our food from a lovely catering outfit out of Beasejour called Lucy's. Our linens and wine glasses will be from Party Stuff. Our centerpieces will be all handmade. Distressed mason jars - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/315885361346709759/ - à-la-Pintrest spilling over with baby's breath, and painted gold tea cups that we made candles in.

As for our photographer, I can't say enough about how fricken' amazing ours is. Paul is THE WORST picture taker of all time, so I can't imagine how many picture she had so sort through to get a good one. But she did. And they are SO nice. Her name is Camryn Elizabeth. Look her up on Facebook. She's amazing.

Our flowers - https://www.costco.ca/One-Colour-Flower-M%C3%A9lange-Bulk-Pack-(126-Stems).product.100219994.html - will be bought in bulk from Costco and, after a few Youtube videos, we will craft our way into beautiful hand-tied bouquets. (This one i'm a touch nervous about). Same with our boutenniers. I bought some magnets from e-bay so the guys don't have to struggle with those pesky pins.

I will have two bridemaids, and Paul will have three grooms men. My maids will be dressed in these GORGEOUS gowns from Henkaa that we got from Anna Lange Bridal. They are actually reversable and can be tied in like, a million ways. As for the grooms, I am unsure of what they will be wearing.

Hair will be by Jiane Serame Hair Design - https://www.facebook.com/JianSerameHairDesign/, and makeup by one of my bridesmaids friends.

Can't wait for the big day!

Camryn Elizabeth is a genious.Camryn Elizabeth is a genious.

1 Comment

Latest activity by Emilie, on March 22, 2017 at 12:14
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Megan! Wow! These wedding pictures are perfect! You definitely have an amazing photographer!! Smiley love I'm so happy to read about all the wedding stuff you've found so far! You seem to have a sense for style! You should share your pictures in here: My favourite wedding dress

My favourite centerpieces

The venue and catering. Check?

What wedding rings did you choose?

I can't wait to see your inspirations! Smiley love Did you already get your wedding dress?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics